roper993

Show Us Your Mk3.5!

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, B0D0 said:

Are you still getting the car? This Wednesday I have dealers appointment and I will ask them loads of stuff. I will write soon the answers.

 

I've got about a week to decide and I'm 50/50 at the moment. Kinda don't trust any manufacturer and not sure what else to go for at the price point.

Look forward to hearing the response from your dealer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought at 8 month old.Pre reg.Titanium X 1.5 182bhp ecoboost shadow black.Appearance pack 2,driver assistance pack,10 sony Speakers plus sub woofer,full leather.Just needs my plate one once log book arrives.FB_IMG_1487678573852.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevin lancelott said:

Bought at 8 month old.Pre reg.Titanium X 1.5 182bhp ecoboost shadow black.Appearance pack 2,driver assistance pack,10 sony Speakers plus sub woofer,full leather.Just needs my plate one once log book arrives.FB_IMG_1487678573852.jpg

Looks nice. Can you show us a photo with the subwoofer pls? I am curious to see the layout in the boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

Looks nice. Can you show us a photo with the subwoofer pls? I am curious to see the layout in the boot.

 

focus boot sub.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, avi said:

 

focus boot sub.jpg

Boy that tray is tall. Mine is much smaller. Good job I don't have a full spare wheel. 

THX a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

Boy that tray is tall. Mine is much smaller. Good job I don't have a full spare wheel. 

THX a lot.

Yes I was surprised how much space is lost in what is an already small boot even compared to having a space saver spare wheel that uses a much smaller tray than that shown. Hence deciding not to spec the premium audio as in the UK this means losing boot space.

Ford also forgets to mention the loss of space in any of its marketing guff which is a bit naughty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, avi said:

Yes I was surprised how much space is lost in what is an already small boot even compared to having a space saver spare wheel that uses a much smaller tray than that shown. Hence deciding not to spec the premium audio as in the UK this means losing boot space.

Ford also forgets to mention the loss of space in any of its marketing guff which is a bit naughty.

In the brochure I remember I did saw some info regarding the boot space depending of what spare you get. With the mini spare the space it's ok.

Me coming from a Fiesta I can notice the space. Now it all depends what are your needs. We are 2 and it's fine. Fiesta's was fine but that had other issues.

P.S. i did find the stats: 

363l with tyre repair kit

316l with mini spare

277l with full size spare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kevin lancelott said:

As above pic.Thats how mine is.

Two more questions pls.

Do you get the heated seats with the leather?

Do you get the climate on the Sync 3 screen?

I have the cloth manual seats and I do not get the climate on the screen, that's why my questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

In the brochure I remember I did saw some info regarding the boot space depending of what spare you get. With the mini spare the space it's ok.

Me coming from a Fiesta I can notice the space. Now it all depends what are your needs. We are 2 and it's fine. Fiesta's was fine but that had other issues.

P.S. i did find the stats: 

363l with tyre repair kit

316l with mini spare

277l with full size spare

I'm guessing the sub option means boot space is equivalent to having a full size spare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, avi said:

I'm guessing the sub option means boot space is equivalent to having a full size spare.

That's my guess too. It's veryyy small. A friend has the prefacelift Focus with full spare and boy it's small. The boot floor is flat with the edge of the boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

Two more questions pls.

Do you get the heated seats with the leather?

Do you get the climate on the Sync 3 screen?

I have the cloth manual seats and I do not get the climate on the screen, that's why my questions.

The option for full leather on UK Ti X includes heated front seats and electric adjustment on the driver side.

Do you mean there's no aircon settings in Sync 3 like there are in Sync 2 ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, avi said:

The option for full leather on UK Ti X includes heated front seats and electric adjustment on the driver side.

Do you mean there's no aircon settings in Sync 3 like there are in Sync 2 ?

 

Yes. I don't get that. I think i did put somewere around here one photo from the inside and on the screen you can see that I don't get that. Not a deal breaker but still I would have liked to have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

Yes. I don't get that. I think i did put somewere around here one photo from the inside and on the screen you can see that I don't get that. Not a deal breaker but still I would have liked to have it.

Probably another cost cutting exercise.  I haven't seen UK Sync 3 so don't know if it missing here but I wouldn't been surprised.  Can you set the climate set temp by voice ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, avi said:

Probably another cost cutting exercise.  I haven't seen UK Sync 3 so don't know if it missing here but I wouldn't been surprised.  Can you set the climate set temp by voice ? 

Nope, I can't. 

I have 10 questions for them until now.

Tomorrow I will wash it and I will take more photos.

Anything in particular would you like to see or me to ask them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

Nope, I can't. 

I have 10 questions for them until now.

Tomorrow I will wash it and I will take more photos.

Anything in particular would you like to see or me to ask them?

 
Lol the manual states -
 
"Climate Voice Commands (Optional)
To adjust the temperature, press the voice control button on the steering wheel and when prompted, say:"
 
The problem is there's no customer "option" in the UK to have this.
 
Thanks. I guess see what story is offered for the Active Grill removal and why no climate via touch screen or voice.  Sync II had both physical and touch options and other Ford models appear to offer both.  Voice is a safety feature and it seem odd to not have it given the big play on voice control.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, avi said:
 
Lol the manual states -
 
"Climate Voice Commands (Optional)
To adjust the temperature, press the voice control button on the steering wheel and when prompted, say:"
 
The problem is there's no customer "option" in the UK to have this.
 
Thanks. I guess see what story is offered for the Active Grill removal and why no climate via touch screen or voice.  Sync II had both physical and touch options and other Ford models appear to offer both.  Voice is a safety feature and it seem odd to not have it given the big play on voice control.
 

I know Sync 2 had both. Will see what they are going to say tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B0D0 said:

Two more questions pls.

Do you get the heated seats with the leather?

Do you get the climate on the Sync 3 screen?

I have the cloth manual seats and I do not get the climate on the screen, that's why my questions.

Yes heated on full leather.I got sync 2 as its 16 not a 66.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kevin lancelott said:

Yes heated on full leather.I got sync 2 as its 16 not a 66.

Plenty of 66 reg cars are Sync 2 also.   I think Sync 3 kicked in in late Sep 2016 builds that would probably not reach the UK customers until December.  The other issue is there are can a big difference between the cars build date and when it's first registered.  I've seen a 16 reg car that had a 2014 build date and I'm sure we'll see 17 reg cars that are Sync 2 because they've been sat in a compound for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, avi said:

Plenty of 66 reg cars are Sync 2 also.   I think Sync 3 kicked in in late Sep 2016 builds that would probably not reach the UK customers until December.  The other issue is there are can a big difference between the cars build date and when it's first registered.  I've seen a 16 reg car that had a 2014 build date and I'm sure we'll see 17 reg cars that are Sync 2 because they've been sat in a compound for a while. 

Mine was build in october and it has sync 3. They should NOT sell new cars without it. It's very fast to the touch. Smartphone/tablet fast ish.

Or if they do they should drop from the asking price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly nice looking motor, but I went with the Tit + Appearance pack as Im not a lover of multi spoke alloys

and too much bother to clean, but rear privacy glass and day time running lights are nice, the jury is out on sync 3

as I havent seen any working examples to judge against my sync 2 8"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2017 at 1:47 PM, kevin lancelott said:

Bought at 8 month old.Pre reg.Titanium X 1.5 182bhp ecoboost shadow black.Appearance pack 2,driver assistance pack,10 sony Speakers plus sub woofer,full leather.Just needs my plate one once log book arrives.FB_IMG_1487678573852.jpg

Love that Focus, would definitely be my next car purchased, not for a few years though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, huey45 said:

 the jury is out on sync 3 as I havent seen any working examples to judge against my sync 2 8"

It's a lot different and I guess the graphics may be a bit like Marmite in that you either like it or don't lol.

That said Sync 3 is much cleaner and faster to use making it much more practical when driving.  More like using a modern tablet or smartphone particularly when using apps link with Spotify or other apps. Entering navigation info is much more intuitive similar to using google maps and being able to choose between Ford's or other ios or android app options is a nice touch.. 

I thought Sync II was OK and looked good but was more demanding and less practical to use due to small touch icons, slow/cumbersome input process and slow touch sensitivity/response could be frustrating especially when driving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now