Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[Fiesta Mk6 Facelift] No Ticking Sound On Indicators

mite_jan

i have bought a used Fiesta mk6 facelift model (UK) and i have noticed when i use the indicators there is no sound at all which annoys me a lot and a lot of times i go straight with some indicator turned on becouse i forgot to turn it off

how should i investigate this problem
is it an easy fix or it is going to cost me

I can't remember if the mk6 has an indicator relay or if it's part of the GEM Module.

If it's a relay, replace it. If it's the GEM Module then itll want replacing

so i need to find replacement GEM that is responsible for all the electronics in the car
is anyone of these going to do the job ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=fiesta+gem&LH_PrefLoc=1&_sop=12&LH_BIN=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xfiesta+gem+mk6.TRS0&_nkw=fiesta+gem+mk6&_sacat=0

does it needs to be reprogramed ? and where is it located

For a Ghia model you will need a D type GEM. Dx at the end of the part number.

Looks like the first one on your search list http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Mk6-2004-Gem-Module-Central-Locking-Alarm-M-Unit-2S6T-15K600-DF-/131658515694?hash=item1ea77584ee:g:BbUAAOSw7FRWUdPC

GEM is behind the coin storage box, 5 screws to remove the cover (2 are visible when the coin storage box is open).

2 screws to remove the GEM.

Should plug and play, you will need to reprogram your remote locking.

• Like 2

Have a look on SELOC Lotus forum, Similar problem with a few solutions offered.

What if it is as simple as changing the speaker buzzer

I dont hear any sounds in the car

What if it is as simple as changing the speaker buzzer

I dont hear any sounds in the car

Speaker buzzer?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Speaker buzzer?

Isnt that sound for indicators, when you forget to put seatbelt coming from speake that is probably in the dashboard

Isnt that sound for indicators, when you forget to put seatbelt coming from speake that is probably in the dashboard

I'd have thought iits coming from the GEM Module

You are right, it comes from a speaker which is located within the indicator stalk assembly

DIS.pdf

• Like 1

In mine its fairly quiet as well, also the indicator stalk is a bit too small but hey ho!

It must be the speaker becouse i get the flashes on the board and indicators are working fine it is just that there is no sound at all in the car, from what else can i hear sound?
or i need to change the whole indicator stalk
Wasnt there a diagnostic mode to test this in the car

Until your post I always thought the noise came from within the GEM as it does have a warning buzzer/speaker integrated within it.

It would appear, but cannot tell for sure from the wiring diagrams that the speaker in the stalk is just for the indicator sound.

The diagnostic routine only tests the Light's on buzzer/chime within the GEM, but the sound your missing and the indicators flashing is confirmation that the diagnostic routine has been activated.

Its likely to be the stalk speaker as its an electro-mechanical part, but also possible to be the GEM or wiring to the speaker.

• Like 2

well can somebody with Fiesta check from where does the sound comes dash or stalk ? (carefully listen)
and does all the sounds for indicators , hazard light , open doors , seatbelt , (all audible warnings) come from the same speaker

The noise Seems comes from in front of me, slightly to the right whilst sat in the driver's seat

The indicator click is a mechanical click. A clean and sharp sound, whilst the warning noises are more of a digital "ding" and if you listen carefully it has a slight crackle to it occasionally.

I will have a listen tommorow if I remember, normaly indicator sounds usually come from instrument cluster on most fords

• Like 1

Better late than never, does sound like instrument cluster, checked a 58 plate fiesta.

• Like 2

Better late than never, does sound like instrument cluster, checked a 58 plate fiesta.

thanks for answer mate

i have a friend of mine who is a mechanic and he can probably take out the dash

i am not sure if i want him to start working on the problem or someone more experienced but without paying a forture

is this speaker generic probably ? i couldnt find replacement part for this problem if the speaker is the case

thanks for answer mate

i have a friend of mine who is a mechanic and he can probably take out the dash

i am not sure if i want him to start working on the problem or someone more experienced but without paying a forture

is this speaker generic probably ? i couldnt find replacement part for this problem if the speaker is the case

You don't need to take out the dash..

The instrument cluster literally takes 2 minutes to remove. Then send it for a repair for around £100.

Or

The GEM module takes 5-10 if removed properly then replace it

• Like 2

I would take cluster out and give it a bit of abuse. Give it a tap a few times, and reconnect. Might get it working again.

• Like 1

so maybe the mechanical clicks for indicators and hazard lights are coming from the indicators /long beam stalk

and there is another speaker in the cluster that is for the chimes (seatbelt , forgotten lights , warning lights on the screen)

but i dont get it why i dont hear at least one of those sounds

makes me think it is the GEM

i have bought a used Fiesta mk6 facelift model (UK) and i have noticed when i use the indicators there is no sound at all which annoys me a lot and a lot of times i go straight with some indicator turned on becouse i forgot to turn it off

how should i investigate this problem

is it an easy fix or it is going to cost me

It would have helped if you had said the warning chime wasn't working either

• Like 1

It would have helped if you had said the warning chime wasn't working either

well in post number 7 i mentioned :)

but i can live without the warning chimes but not without indicators sound

anyway yeah i cannot hear any sound in the car except for the radio :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club