Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just got a delivery date!!

aph1101

Evening All,

I know we've all heard this a million times, so first of all I apologise :P......but I'm so excited!!!

So, when my Mum picked me up from school today, she told me that the dealer had phoned and said that he expects our car to arrive and for us to pick it up week ending 31st October! Unfortunately my mum didn't get the build date or chassis number from him :rolleyes: but it is 'definately' going to be here for w/e 31/10!!! That will make it just over 2 months from order to delivery. :)

The point of this post, other than to share my excitement, is to ask whether it is likely that the given date will slip back further and further.

Thanks,

Alex

Evening All,

I know we've all heard this a million times, so first of all I apologise :P......but I'm so excited!!!

So, when my Mum picked me up from school today, she told me that the dealer had phoned and said that he expects our car to arrive and for us to pick it up week ending 31st October! Unfortunately my mum didn't get the build date or chassis number from him :rolleyes: but it is 'definately' going to be here for w/e 31/10!!! That will make it just over 2 months from order to delivery. :)

The point of this post, other than to share my excitement, is to ask whether it is likely that the given date will slip back further and further.

Thanks,

Alex

That's brilliant news Alex. :D And just two months wait seems very quick compared to a lot of other people.

I've also just been told that my car is now safely at the dealers in County Durham, though I can't actually get to collect it until Tuesday morning. (I live in South West Scotland, and I'm busy with work, so can't get there any sooner, unfortunately). But at least I can look forward to a lovely 120 mile journey home in my new car. I ordered it on the 21st July, so it's taken ten weeks exactly to get delivered. I've also been given the registration number, so it all feels very 'real' now!

I know how you feel about the excitement ... it's like an early Christmas.

From what I can gather with various other posts, it looks as though Ford might actually be speeding up their production times - so hopefully your mum should receive your car more or less when they've promised.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Sarc.

Very pleased for you, but also incredibly jealous!

As I've pointed out before, we ordered our cars a day apart, but I've still got another 2 months to wait for mine :( . That'll make it 3 months total.

Make sure you take plenty of pics when you do get it!

Very pleased for you, but also incredibly jealous!

As I've pointed out before, we ordered our cars a day apart, but I've still got another 2 months to wait for mine :( . That'll make it 3 months total.

Make sure you take plenty of pics when you do get it!

I'm a bit of a keen photographer (got a DSLR) so there will be a plethora of photos when we get it! Hope you get yours soon ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update for anyone who's interested: The (very helpful) dealer rang today with a chassis number for our car :) It's all beginning to feel very real now!!

I've put it in to ETIS and found out that it was built exactly a week ago today!! That makes it exactly 6 weeks and 2 days from order to build - very impressed :D . Does anyone know if you can see whether the car has been 'shipped yet', from the ETIS site??

The car is expected at the dealer 'sometime next week'. Going to italy next friday so won't be able to pick it up for at least two weeks :(

I'll pick it up for you aph! :lol:

Just tell me where and when.

Haha... I'm sure you'd keep it safe for me!!

Any news on yours yet??

Not really. Last time I spoke to the dealer, all they could say was the order had been 'accepted', and they showed me the computer screen where it said "Build Date: Est. 11/2009".

And based on the communication levels and reliability I get from the dealer, the next thing I expect to hear is when they ring one day and ask why I haven't picked the car up yet... :rolleyes:

Not really. Last time I spoke to the dealer, all they could say was the order had been 'accepted', and they showed me the computer screen where it said "Build Date: Est. 11/2009".

And based on the communication levels and reliability I get from the dealer, the next thing I expect to hear is when they ring one day and ask why I haven't picked the car up yet... :rolleyes:

Snap.

:angry:

hello all...

my zetec s was built on saturday and i havent had a phone call from ford's since a couple of weeks back telling me it will be built on the 10th.. is this normal practice fromt he dealer or has something gone wrong and they dont want to tell me about ..

and how long will it take do you think for me to collect it been waiting since august :( any help would be great

thanks...

Mine was built on the 18 August and did not hear anythig until the 4 Sept when he called to say it had been delivered - and I picked it up the following day - AND STILL LOVING MY BABY!!!

Mine was delivered to someone on 13th november 1997, i haven't driven it yet but i'm lovin' it!!

Mine was delivered to someone on 13th november 1997, i haven't driven it yet but i'm lovin' it!!

Oh hurry up . . . .

Oh hurry up . . . .

its hard i tell thee! there is now an actual time limit which is spurring me on!

its hard i tell thee! there is now an actual time limit which is spurring me on!

Whats the time limite then - and have you got the new plate on yet?

Whats the time limite then - and have you got the new plate on yet?

its by the end of my xmas holidays. i've worked out that if i save a little each week then i will do it.

and the plate will be on the car two weeks today, which is my birthday!

hello all...

my zetec s was built on saturday and i havent had a phone call from ford's since a couple of weeks back telling me it will be built on the 10th.. is this normal practice fromt he dealer or has something gone wrong and they dont want to tell me about ..

and how long will it take do you think for me to collect it been waiting since august :( any help would be great

thanks...

Build to delivery is normally between 1 and 2 weeks - depending on which factory its been made at and how long it has to wait for the next shipment.

As for dealers calling - I think most only call you when they need to - ie they want money and/or want you to take the car away.

Wouldn't hurt to give them a call and try and get a status update - I did that and it propted them into action on sorting paperwork and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

For The few of you that may be interested in the status of my new fiesta, I have sone good news!! :)

Whilst in Italy (still here now) our dealer emailed us to say that the car is  there. He also said we can come down to look over it and pay for it on Wednesday and hopefully pick it up on friday. He also gave us our numbe plate; it's all starting to feel rather real now!  Needless to say I am over the moon!!

I will take some pics of it on Wednesday. Should I post the pics in here or start a new thread??

Alex :D 

Hi everyone,

For The few of you that may be interested in the status of my new fiesta, I have sone good news!! :)

Whilst in Italy (still here now) our dealer emailed us to say that the car is  there. He also said we can come down to look over it and pay for it on Wednesday and hopefully pick it up on friday. He also gave us our numbe plate; it's all starting to feel rather real now!  Needless to say I am over the moon!!

I will take some pics of it on Wednesday. Should I post the pics in here or start a new thread??

Alex :D 

New thread!!!

congrats alex, get those pics ASAP!

hope you're having a good time in italy :)

Thanks Mike :)

Those pics will be up on Wednesday afternoon as soon as I get back from the dealer.

And I'm having a very nice time in Italy thanks! Went to Florence yesterday and I'm going to Pisa tomorrow before flying home. Speak soon :)

sounds lovely! my car is now officially M11 HKL! very exciting.....only for me anyway!

sounds lovely! my car is now officially M11 HKL! very exciting.....only for me anyway!

Wooooo!!! Good news :) Do you know when you can drive it yet?

Wooooo!!! Good news :) Do you know when you can drive it yet?

hopefully by christmas :)

Thanks Mike :)

Those pics will be up on Wednesday afternoon as soon as I get back from the dealer.

And I'm having a very nice time in Italy thanks! Went to Florence yesterday and I'm going to Pisa tomorrow before flying home. Speak soon :)

hi

picked my sea grey titanium up on saturday, back at dealers today bad paint work have a good check all around.

regards paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club