Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 CVH TUNING WANT SOME ADVICE PLEASE.

andyroo89

Hello ive got a 1994 1.4 cvh engine, ive spent about a month removing any excess metal from the engine bay (must be coming up to 1kg or 2..) and doing a bit of powerflowing on everything i can find to do it on. im looking to get the crank and flywheel lightened but aparantly the crank will cost a lot of money.. does anyone know any cheaper companys that do this? been searching for hours but not getting many results. i may just have to stick with polishing it.. i was going to get the head ported but i think i might just polish it up myself to save 250!!!

im also wondering if the 1.4 cvh has any interchangable parts.. cranks heads etc.. nothing that requires significant engineering though.

i know most people wouldnt bother doing any of this to a 1.4 but i have an rs1800 at the moment that i will be selling soon and im not replacing an rs with a 1.4 without giving the 1.4 a few more horses.

please let me know ANY suggestions.. obviously exhausts sports cats & k&ns i know about.

thanks!

andy

i would like to add a turbo but il be paying lots on insurance for it.. arent any parts interchangable with other engines?

thanks

andy

• 1 month later...

i've got a mk2 1.4 cvh mate and if the engine are the same as i'm led to belive (exept mines carb)

nothng is intrchangeable as the 1.4 have heart shaped cylinders + head.

simple way to add more power is give it a full service.

bit more indepth;

take the head off check for slack on piston rings if there ok give the cylinder a light hone with 800 or 1200 sand paper.

replace the valve stem seals and re grind the valves and clean the carbon off them.

clean the inlet and exhaust ports with a wire brush attachment for a drill.

doing this adds about 15-25 more horses (probs more actually)

however if you want serious power form your 1.4 you'll be going into serious cash.

i.e

kent cam

staged + polished head

re -bore

lightend crank

lightend flywheel

you could wack it on twin 40 webber carbs for a little extra power

it is an efi engine right?

i hope this has been helpful

• 1 year later...

thanks, so far ive given the engine a full rebuild (bearings etc) apart from piston rings because it had only done 50 odd thousand. cyl head has been ported + polished and had valve stems ground away, also i reshaped the inside of the intake manifold and throttle body and finished the whole engine in por15 ford enamel blue :) just rebuilding it now!

thinking about using a 1.6 (maybe larger) throttle body and also adapting filter box and the plastic bit over the engine.

i never saw the point in honing the pistons? doesnt it just wear the bores + rings away even more?

and yeah its an efi so think the webbers might need an ecu tune..