Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Not Starting/turning On

Wale89

Hi all,

Just joined this forum on behalf of my dad who is having a number of issues which we can not seem to solve, so any help here is much appreciated!

Dad owns a 2011 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.0 Eco Boost Auto with 14k miles on the clock, owned it for about 2 years now. A couple of months ago the car started to play up where the key fob would unlock the car but the wing mirrors wouldn't open out, the push to start button would not start the car but the instrument display would show the Ford logo.

AA man came round, disconnected the battery for about 10 mins then the car was ok and started up. Couple of days later same thing happened so dad did what the AA man did and was ok, but then the car wouldn't turn off! It is an Auto so couldn't stall it. Took it to Fords while running and the guys come out and agreed that it wouldn't stop. Eventually the car did turn off after pressing the on/off start button a few times.

Left the car with Fords to investigate and they said that there was nothing wrong with it after doing the Vagcom/diagnostic checks etc. Paid about £300 for this so far. They gave the car back to us and it was ok for a day or so until the same thing happened. Ford then flashed the internal computer and updated all the firmware etc and the car was ok.

Today (about 2/3 months later) dad went to start his car and nothing, the key fob wouldn't open the car and even using the internal key in the fob would not open the doors!

Ford have said they have never seen this before and don't know what to suggest, so we have a car we are unable to get into. Dad has tried both key fobs and tried every possible thing we can think of.

Has anyone on the forum experienced this before or have any ideas as to what it could be!? Any help/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Maybe the batteries inside the keyfob are flat ?

Maybe the batteries inside the keyfob are flat ?

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't think it is the battery as Ford replaced them for us (£8 each) about 2/3 months ago :(

Also just to add, we had a new battery in the car about 8 months ago. Ford did run a full battery check and it came back as a pass so don't think its the battery either

Time to call the A.A. out again I think - I, like Fraud, have never heard of this issue before

Yep thats what dad is going to do, just not sure what to do as Ford will just keep charging us per hour for them to 'check the car out' without any idea as to where they are going to start or what they are going to look for. Thanks for the reply again!

• Like 1

Well . . . . Fraud are the supposed '' experts '' . . . from what you say it seems to be an electrical issue, these cars are often too complicated for their own good I think.

Please post an update of the cause & cure so other members can benefit - Thank you.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club