Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Recommendations

weseeyou

Hi All.

I need to buy a pair of budget tyres for my partners 2003 Focus they are 195-60-15-HR

All I seem to be offered by all the local companies are no-name unbranded tyres ? Some of which have horrendous reviews

The only tyre make I have been offered that I recognize is Khumo KH27 .£55 all in

Are these any good ?

I'm more concerned with grip especially in the wet and muddy country lanes here in Somerset.

I'm not worried about wear or longetivity and they are not going to do any motorway miles . Just speeding round the County lanes at under 60mph

Has anyone any recommendations for tyres in the budget to lower mid range ?

the first problem is you want budget tyres and also grip, thats not going to happen.

a good priced tyre are Avon Tyres or Uniroyal. see which one is the best for you on that tyre size

Hi,I've Avon ZV5's on my car ,I find them a good all round tyre.I use a local fitter in Somerset,£72 a tyre.Maybe not the cheapest but the service is good and find them knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

thank you William I'll have a look at them. They look reasonably priced and are a recognised manufaturer

I am looking on behalf of my partner who has a very limited income and similarly limited budget. We are both retired and need to be ultra careful with our limited resources.

As I expect you'll know some expensive tyres have an abysmal wet performance and some budget tyres have a quite respectable wet weather performance. How expensive a tyre is is not necessarily a reliable indicator of how good a certain performance characteristic is.

If it was a choice for my classic Porsche I'd know exactly what tyres to look for based on 20 years personal experience.

I very very rarely drive the Focus and so I have zero experience of the car which is why I'm asking Focus owners to recommend me tyres that they have used.

the first problem is you want budget tyres and also grip, thats not going to happen.

a good priced tyre are Avon Tyres or Uniroyal. see which one is the best for you on that tyre size

thank you for your suggestion but I was asking for something a bit more specific than a manufacturers name . ;)

quote Has anyone any recommendations for tyres in the budget to lower mid range ?

Uniroyal rain expert highly recommended for muddy and flooded country roads.

thank you for your suggestion but I was asking for something a bit more specific than a manufacturers name . ;)

quote Has anyone any recommendations for tyres in the budget to lower mid range ?

Well with xmas around the corner and the kids looking all sorts I had to go budget tyres this month (That or face the points and fines lol!). i have ketter on at the moment as the guy I get them from had them for £35 each all in so for 4 tyres that was the best deal I could get so £140 fitted with free wheel balancing was ok to me.

They are not too bad but in the budgets tyres category I think they are pretty much all the same although. I do think that land-sail is a good budget tyre but this time These were all I could get. At least now I can get from A to B without worrying about baldy wheels lol! Like I say compared to the likes of higher brands they are not as good but for daily driving on a budget they do just fine.

Hope this helps.

if you want premium tyres head to openeo and search vredestian incredible tyres with grip in the wet and dry only michellins were rated better at double the rpice

Ive had kumhos in past and got to say they get a thumbs up from me...never had an issue and if used properly (not booting around) the wear is good and can last a long time. Unfortunately i did find them to be a little loud in regards to road noise.

After i got a nail in one i decided to go for bridgestone...was the same price on offer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently on Hankook Ventus prime 2 and happy with the wet handling from them not has any grip issues with them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club