Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keeping Cats Off Cars

ambl08

Hello to any one out there !

I have a streetka soft top & am really fed up with cats using roof as their ready made bed leaving all their paw prints & left over fur everywhere - anyone know of a solution how to stop this happening please

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

Are they your cats?

If they are then the only thing I can think of would be a cover.

Otherwise if they are not yours maybe one of those cat deterrents.

I have found you do more harm to the car trying to get them off than if you just leave them. However in my case they are our cats so it's not the same as if it would be a neighbours.

• Like 1

Mix some rosemary extract with water & spray it on the roof

• Like 1

Rosemary is a natural cat repellant - you rarely, if ever, see cats near a rosemary bush

Are they your cats?

If they are then the only thing I can think of would be a cover.

Otherwise if they are not yours maybe one of those cat deterrents.

I have found you do more harm to the car trying to get them off than if you just leave them. However on my case they are our cats so it's not the same as if it would be a neighbours.

Thanks for the reply, no that are not our cats, have a cover & a deterrent but still not working - have had few comments about Rosemary though so might give that try. Thank you & merry Christmas !

• Like 1

Mix some rosemary extract with water & spray it on the roof

Hearing a lot about Rosemary - may well give it a try - thank you & merry Christmas

• Like 1

but a dog on the roof problem solved

Thank you & my beloved yorkie passed 6 months ago & he really hated cats so problem not yet quite solved - merry Christmas regardless

Rosemary is a natural cat repellant - you rarely, if ever, see cats near a rosemary bush

Thank you for reply - hearing hopeful things about Rosemary - thank you & merry Christmas

• Like 1

Thank you for reply - hearing hopeful things about Rosemary - thank you & merry Christmas

My mum is called Rosemary and our cats seem to like her enough. :D

In all seriousness though, the Rosemary should work. At least it's rather inexpensive!

• Like 1

My mum is called Rosemary and our cats seem to like her enough. :D

In all seriousness though, the Rosemary should work. At least it's rather inexpensive!

well

Well please say hello to your mom Rosemary !! Will give it a try ;-)

• Like 1

Not heard of rosemary as a cat deterrant, I have heard of lion poo, which can be bought at garden centres. Many gardeners who are troubled with cats, swear by lion poo.

I have cats and have found cats loathe citrus oil, particularly orange oil will keep them away

If I'm say, painting something, and I don't want my cats wandering into the area I'm painting. Fur and lacquer are poor companions, as are paw prints across a drying surface

If you peel a few oranges, then squeeze, crush and molest the peel, to release the oil. You could then either rub the peel on your soft top and leave the peel up there, or just arrange the peel on your roof. As everyone else has rosemary to be effective, you could do both.

Alternatively, any citrus oil based vinyl and leather cleaner/treatment, should work if the citrus oil content is higher enough

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club