Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help - Mk2 Footwell Water Ingress

kriscallaghan2

Our 2nd car is a focus estate 2007 ex mobility low miles good condition but recently car has been smelling damp and when i checked this out the driver side front footwells are very wet. I know the mk1 had scuttle panel issues but i didnt think this was same on mk2 i checked the scuttle panel and it was a bit loose but was dry under it. Secured it back in place and clipped it up.

Can anyone please advise of known issues with water ingress on mk2 focus and how to fix.

Dont want to put into ford garage to get charged stupid money if i can fix myself if i can find the leak.

That sounds like to me your heater matrix is leaking possibly

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I agree, have had that happen to a few of my cars over the years.

Haven't had it happen on my Mk2 yet, on some cars it's quite labour intensive to get at (BMW 7-series) and others quite straightforward.

If ,after you've got your car to operating temperature, when you put the heat on max, does steam begin to pour out of the vents?

Ive not tried that but i will and will let you know how i get on. So just get car going nd heated ip then put heating on full n see if i get steam.

What is the repair for this. ??

Is there any other faults had a few guys say leaks from bulkhead and some sort of drain pupe under centre console

Have a look at your header tank and see if your coolant level is low also check the colour of the fluid leaking , is it clear etc etc but I recon its your heater matrix and the only way for a repair is to get the matrix itself replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Normaly if its coolant in footwell , then it the o rings that leak and not the matrix itself

• Like 3

The aircon drain hose is in the driver footwell if its detatched or blocked it'll just leak into the carpet its behind the kick panel at you're left foot sitting in the seat one torq screw holds the panel on

Hi guys coolant is at just over minimum so doesnt look like coolants leaking. I put heaters on at full and no steam either.

Lifted carpet is damp under pedals and soaking wet at the front of seat. It seems to follow the air flow tube is there anyway water to flow through the black box air ways as its wet in back driver pessenger side infront or air vent under seat

I took kick panel of at my left foot and i seen a small rubber hose but the joints look good how do i lnow if its blocked.

Looking like going to have to put into garage and they will just charge me per hr for looking even if they dont find anything.

Theres a few things to check first smell the water or taste it you'll know if its coolant second on the drivers right pillar the trim pull off the screen was hose to the rear runs up there that can also leak from the rear forwards theres only the boot or roof rails that can leak also under the driver and passenger front and rear carpets theres a plastic bung that should be fitted cant miss it its pretty big

• 5 years later...

Hello,

Sorry to revive this thread but it's the one that sounds most like my issue. Did you find a fix?

I wasn't part of the original thread, but when it did happen to me, it was the seal on the heater matrix pipe that had gone. The seal itself (use genuine Ford!), cost about £4, the labour was, well, 3 to 4 hours from your friendly local garage! Now, mine has unfortunately gone twice, so if it happens aagain, I'll be getting a more permanent repair done bypassing the need for a seal altogether!

265896644_heatermatrixfix.thumb.jpg.0732cc1fb661bb39018ba5d361740dd2.jpg

Cut about an inch off the end of both pipes, and rejoin with good quality hose & jubilee clips!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club