Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Alarm MK7 Fez

LeeZetecS

I was thinking at one point of putting a tracker on mine, but like you i couldn't find any good recommendations.

Call me stupid.....(actually, please don't).....but doesn't it come with an Alarm?

Or are you talking about upgrading to a better one?

Call me stupid.....(actually, please don't).....but doesn't it come with an Alarm?

Or are you talking about upgrading to a better one?

i think they mean a aftermarket alarm thatcham standard

It has central locking and deadlock on second press of the button but no alarm.

I know clifford do a high stage alarm thats intergrated with your electric windows - i might look into that.

I know clifford do a high stage alarm thats intergrated with your electric windows - i might look into that.

OK now I really am confused. The Zetec S and Titanium are listed as having a "perimeter alarm" which is also an option on some other spec levels.

Ok well mine's on a 58 plate - later models could well have a perimeter alarm; gonna have a look into it.

yeh i was looking into the clifford systems you can do a lot with them i.e. when you lock your car and your window is open it will make sure there all closed.

quite nifty but comes with a price

So what does the Z-S come with alarm wise to clear this up? As I'm sure the brochure read that the Z-S came with an alarm as standard?

As for an aftermarket alarm, a friend who had a MK6 fiesta had a Toad installed, he was impressed with it so would most likely go with a Toad, although £200 standard with no extra toys, pricey

The ZetecS has an alarm that sounds when ever the bonnet, doors, boot are forced open, or if someone try's to steal the stereo or start the car without the correct key.

It will NOT go off if someone smashes a window so be wary of leaving things on site (So Ford, why make you stupid iPod cable 3 inch's long!!!!)

Clifford are a very good make as are Toad. But they can cost a bit and you really need to pay for a pro to install them. Your choice really because the Ford coded key as I understand it is pretty good with the immobiliser at stopping anyone nicking the car.

To be honest, unless you have your car parked on your own drive, then I would not bother having an alarm fitted. We have all heard and seen cars with alarms going off and have any of us called the police or done anything about it?

If you want to spend some money on extra security then I would go for some sort of tracking device.

We had to have a tracker fitted on the merc as our insurance company requested it. It was bout £400 for the fitting and then a yearly subscription of £125 although you could do a lifetime cover for about £350. I never found out where it was fitted but I know at one stage around by the gear stick the flooring was all up. I used Tracker (obvious name really) to install ours. Wouldnt bother again though, Mo is parked in a garage with a garage protector bar fitted, she is insured and tbh if someone tried to nick her they wouldnt get far probably lose power :lol: :P :lol:

if someone tried to nick her they wouldnt get far probably lose power :lol: :P :lol:

SShhhhh - Don't let Mountune hear you say that or they will up the price and say not only does it improve performance but it iacts as a security device too!!!

Has anyone had an alarm installed?

If so what would you recommend?

What for?

Your car has already got a perfectly good one fitted by Ford.

Nobody pays any attention to an alarm anyway............and if thieves want to pinch your car badly enough no alarm is going to stop them.

Save your money or fit a tracker--not cheap but you will get your car back and it can reduce your insurance premium.

I've had trackers fitted to our company vehicles for various purposes, that being one of them.

These day's (Touching wood!) most cars aren't nicked that are new anyway because they are too hard to steal, most thieves either steal older cars or just break into your car to steal phones etc.

How much will a tracker set you back.

Can you track it when ever you want?

How much will a tracker set you back.

Can you track it when ever you want?

Depending on the system-yes. Most have real time data as well as historical.

I think Michelle has put some prices up for a tracker that she had fitted to her previous car but bear in mind that not only do you have the installation charge but also the management charge so it can be very expensive.

It's unlikely, I would have thought, that thieves would target a Fiesta; if you have a seriously expensive performance car then it would probably be worth it.....but that's just my opinion of course.