Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Stereo Exchange

Raz123

Hey Guys,

Hope someone can help and advice.

I am driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport 61plate (build 2012) and it has the standard Sony Dab stereo installed as picture attached.

However I want to change it to the sat Nav version. As attached. Would that be possible?

Also can you confirm the latest sat nav from Ford can be installed as well. The new one has the parking buttons at the bottom and my ones at the top. The layout is different too.

Please help. Been looking to change for a while.

post-45987-0-01650400-1450652864_thumb.j

post-45987-0-14455500-1450652927_thumb.p

Hi.

I am looking to do the same and my car fascia is the exact same as yours.

I was told by someone that it could not be done but surely there must be a way.

• Like 1

Hi.

I am looking to do the same and my car fascia is the exact same as yours.

I was told by someone that it could not be done but surely there must be a way.

I hope there is. I do like the current stereo as I can connect my ipod however the extra feature of sat nav will help. Plus I get to retain the original canvers+ features too.

Yes I believe it can be done, however, I believe the issue is ensuring you have the GPS antenna wiring present etc.

I hope someone has an installation guide so we can attempt to install.

Will the new one fit into the existing aperture ?

Even the newer one looks different to the Sat Nav in mine, but i think its only the colour

Yes I believe it can be done, however, I believe the issue is ensuring you have the GPS antenna wiring present etc.

Would Ford be able to advise if the wiring is present or would it be possible to identify this by removing the fascia?

To be honest it's unlikely. It's a separate aerial Base and wiring combination so is highly unlikely to be present. Remove the radio and check the connectors, if you have a connection with no place on your current radio you are exceptionally lucky.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried this, and if you have please share your experiance on what is required and how to get it exchanged with minimul fuss. Thanks

I'd suggest you find a good car hifi dealer (and there's loads in London ). They'll be able to help you far better than a ford dealer. After all that's what hifi dealers do day in day out.

• Like 1

Let's just say your running stock, you need a new aerial assembly, a new aerial loom, that needs to replace the other going down the a pillar and into the centre console. Then you need to hook it all up.

I put my sons focus in to ford yesterday and th girls on the desk said my car wont have the antennae fitted for the sat nav.

I would be willing to fit it myself then have any re-programming done by ford because I want to keep the link between the stereo and the dash display.

Are there aftermarket systems that allow this?

I'm in the middle of a project to put a nexus 7 in place of the standard head unit.

You can just get the sat nav stereo and replace the antenna Base and the wiring as necessary

Ha

s anyone fitted an android head unit and if yes has the link to the dash been kept?

Depends on the unit. However if it has a usb input but no wiring for the steering controls you can use a joycon ex to make it work. This is my next task in the new year along with fitting a TV receiver lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club