Do Not Sell My Personal Information

81Psi!!

ajzetecs

just had 2 new front tyres 25/40/18 was concerned by how it was driving and felt like a was riving down the cobbles of coranation street and could turn steering wheel with my little finger, decided to check air pressure and 81psi in both was gobsmacket and shocked they could hold that amount

Crikey, no wonder it drove like that!!

going up tmrw as need anoth back tyre will be having a word just incase something they doing is dodgy on the mechanical side

They overinflate them to help them seal against the rim but then are supposed to drop the pressure back down again.

They must have forgotten the last bit. Add a bit of heat in the tyres and you end up on 81 psi.

How long where you driving like that? Over time too high pressure will wear the centre on the tyre out.

• Like 1

They overinflate them to help them seal against the rim but then are supposed to drop the pressure back down again.

They must have forgotten the last bit. Add a bit of heat in the tyres and you end up on 81 psi.

How long where you driving like that? Over time too high pressure will wear the centre on the tyre out.

only done about 4 mile so shud be ok,was something a would not have left for ages

Whilst I was fitting bike tyres I always got nervous whilst blowing the tyre onto the bead!

It was a case of hold the wheel, pump in air & watch the pressure build! You could never predict when they'd pop onto the bead.. but when they did, you felt it & heard it. Such a loud noise! Then I'd drop the pressure back down to whatever was recommended for the particular bike

Disappointed... I thought the title was your boost pressure. :P

Tyres with basically no sidewall are such a pain to get on, yours appear to have 10mm sidewalls :lol: . But seriously, low profiles are harder to fit, probably why they had to overinflate it that much to pop it on, my last pair were left at 45psi which was hard enough on the road though lol. Guess they're just too busy these days.

• Like 2

got mine at 33 psi now with been lowered 60mm at dont have that standard ride quality as got to compensate few psi for thepot holes, sure 33 is what it says to have on thr sticker on the body