Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Headunit Upgrade

anya00tan

Soo this happened this Christmas.. Btw i have the bog standard headunit with only a usb drive( NO bluetooth, NO dab, NO satnav, etc) so an upgrade was in order.

Was thinking for a while to get a double din unit (facia and all) but that cost a bit much. So i opted for this instead:

Parrot Asteroid Tablet. It is on sale atm on amazon.

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/asteroid-range/parrot-asteroid-tablet/

The reason i bought this is that it is basically an android tablet(loads of apps and can be rooted) with an amplifier(better sound output).

Installation

You need to get the adapter for the fiesta's stereo here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400876766816?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Give the seller a shout if you have different headunit or just want to confirm.

And its just plug and play after that(well sort of). The difficult bit is just fitting all that wires behind the fiesta's stock headunit. Tip, there is a big space just below the middle left air vent, you just need small hands and a LOT of patience. I placed the amplifier just behind the glove box(temporarily) so i can still access it.

Well the results, its impressive really. Sound quality is awesome (for me anyways), even just the stock program sound nice already but opted to root the tablet and installed sound optimization apps and i think it replaced the need to get new Speakers as well.

And oh, access to all the android apps(compatible with gingerbread v2.3 and with a ROOT - framaroot) out there(googlemaps, google search, poweramp, facebook, skype, you name it.). Still tinkering of getting google play to run as it crashes. and did i mention you can attach a reverse camera(coming next) on this?

post-48119-0-32884500-1451126608_thumb.j

post-48119-0-96176100-1451126611_thumb.j

post-48119-0-80870100-1451126612_thumb.j

post-48119-0-85290000-1451126613_thumb.j

post-48119-0-79469300-1451126614_thumb.j

post-48119-0-77032800-1451126615_thumb.j

• Like 1

Interesting ..... .how does it all connect up? Got Images etc mate

Also does it fit the dab Sony units?

Or is it its own system now and the Sony system doesn't work with it and also steering wheel controls?

As mention, just need the adapter cable and it just plugs straight to the car stereo(24 pin connector). It does not have DAB but you can have spotify instead when you plug you phone in for data. Overall its a standalone system. it can function without turning the car stereo on - it replaces the car stereo really. It has its own steering control but you can wire your existing steering control but needs another adapter..

A guess if you have a lower system its better but a think I would just get car visions oem one

https://www.car-vision.co.uk/ford-fiesta-2013/313-driveaudio-ford-fiesta-2010-onwards-gps-bt-dvd-ipod-rds-ford-fiesta-2013-5060431020355.html

Nice one Regie. Main thing is YOU are happy with it. In time you can upgrade the amp and Speakers when funds allow. Maybe tho an addition of a sub should be next.

• Like 2

Nice one Regie. Main thing is YOU are happy with it. In time you can upgrade the amp and speakers when funds allow. Maybe tho an addition of a sub should be next.

Cheers. Already have a rockford fosgate sub and amp installed and just made it even better. Better base control and overall sound. More base on the front Speakers as well. Overall its better at handling/outputting audio.

A guess if you have a lower system its better but a think I would just get car visions oem one

https://www.car-vision.co.uk/ford-fiesta-2013/313-driveaudio-ford-fiesta-2010-onwards-gps-bt-dvd-ipod-rds-ford-fiesta-2013-5060431020355.html

Oh did i mention the price of this? £145 + £20 adapter.

I know mate but I listen to dab all the time lol :P don't get me wrong if a didn't have Sony system with my sub already on it I would change it to this but I listen to dab literally every time I'm in the car lol and spend enough on phone bills haha

Ps mate check ma underseat sub install guide

• 2 years later...

How did you get this support to put the tablet? How is it stuck in the holder?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club