Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Few Questions On 1.0L Zetec S Ecoboost

mxscbi

So I have decided to get a 1.0L Zetec S Ecoboost after Christmas instead of a ST-2, I plan on saving for a house etc so the cheaper option appeals to me more.

I wanted to ask how comfortable they are and the real average MPG, my Clio 1.4 (first car) averages 31 MPG, mostly short journeys.

Pretty comfortable, not as comfy as my wifes' 1.2 10 plate Micra though. Real world MPG is between 40-45mpg depending on the season. Filled it up to the brim this week for less than £40.

I've been getting 42-46 out of my red edition lately, 44-49 during the summer. That's a mix of mostly town driving with weekend motorway journeys. Pretty happy with those figures considering I don't try to conserve fuel.

Mines a 1.0 125 Tit and I get ~36.7mpg (short journeys). If I do 2 consecutive 25 mile runs it maybe reaches ~36.8mpg but I don't hang about. I tend to expeed the seed limit on occasion. Comfort wise, at the speeds I use, a pothole makes it t_r_a_m_p across the road quite a bit, you have to be prepared. Seating wise, I get sciatica fairly easily and have to use a 3" foam cushion at all times. 195/50 tyres on 16".

Edit: Question for the gurus, would the speedo be ok with 195/55 (or 60)/16's?

• Like 3

I've hit 52.5 in my ST on an 80 mile journey, so if you drive well I'm sure the 1.0 will be as good if not better.

• Like 1

Mines a 1.0 125 Tit and I get ~36.7mpg (short journeys). If I do 2 consecutive 25 mile runs it maybe reaches ~36.8mpg but I don't hang about. I tend to expeed the seed limit on occasion. Comfort wise, at the speeds I use, a pothole makes it t_r_a_m_p across the road quite a bit, you have to be prepared. Seating wise, I get sciatica fairly easily and have to use a 3" foam cushion at all times. 195/50 tyres on 16".

Just to clarify, you tend to exceed the speed limit whilst on closed roads & private property :)

Didn't want Clive grabbing you by the ear at This time of year!

• Like 1

It will put the speedo out slightly, according to this site, 55s will be 1mph under and 60s would be 2 mph under.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=195&aspect=50&diameter=16&wheelwidth=6.5&offset=47&width2=195&aspect2=55&diameter2=16&wheelwidth2=6.5&offset2=47#content

Im finding my Zetec S 125 comfy and really composed in the month I have had it sits on the motorway well, seats are decent and loads of head room etc, I am 6'.

Im on 17's, 205/40/17 which can be a little harsh depending on roads, I try to avoid potholes as much as possible.

I have just downsized from an Audi A6 which was running 19s, 255/35/19 and the ride in the Fiesta is as good as the Audi I think, maybe a bit less refined but it is a far smaller lighter car.

The 125 doesn't torque steer or tramline to badly I don't think but it depends what you are used to. My last two cars had 255/35/19 and 225/45/17's which seemed to tramline more due to the width of the tyre.

Ohh btw getting about 40mpg, but that has been mainly city driving, the occasional motorway journey.

Titanium X with 17s. Nice smooth ride. 40mpg per tank with a remap and definitely don't drive economically. Town and motorway driving every day.

The sports seats in the Zetec S and Titanium X are really comfy.

Zetec S has very slightly stiffer suspension compare to others in the range.

I would have got the ST though if a 5 door was available ;)

• Like 1

I have the Zetec S Red Edition which has the 140 PS engine, I had an ST which I enjoyed the performance but not the ride quality. The ZS has a much better ride quality and with the 140 PS engine plenty of get up and go, even if not the same as the ST. I've only had it 3 weeks and getting 42/43 average mpg according to the trip computer. I expect this will go up as the engine runs in. My previous ZS which was the 125PS averaged 48/49 MPG.

you'll have so much fun with this three pot wonder. it's also tax free. true mileage around 40mpg. if you were to have a stage 1 remap, you'll be amazed at how the car performs.

• Like 3

Pretty comfy I guess, nothing like the st I imagine.

Mines averages just over 40 mpg and I only do short journeys

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Pretty comfortable, not as comfy as my wifes' 1.2 10 plate Micra though. Real world MPG is between 40-45mpg depending on the season. Filled it up to the brim this week for less than £40.

I can second that M4RC as I filled up empty to full for £37! Also if your not ragging the life out of it 45 is easily achievable.

• Like 1

Also guys do these have S/S? so if you stop in traffic the engine cuts out automatically? then when you put the clutch in it starts up?

Also guys do these have S/S? so if you stop in traffic the engine cuts out automatically? then when you put the clutch in it starts up?

Yes dude it has start stop, and a button to disable it below the heater dial at the bottom of the centre console :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club