Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Terraclean, Anyone Had It Done?

GMX

I came across this Terraclean process for engine cleaning on another forum. Where it was being almost claimed that it would clean the engine to the point it was almost like having a new engine. Where all the users with cars and vans with in excess of 150K on the clock, said they'd seen the mpg and the power increase yet the emissions decreased.

Now, a lot of these engine cleaners sort of work after a fashion, and a lot more of them are little more than snake oil.

However, if you change your oil at least every 6 months, and regularly service your car; you shouldn't really need an engine cleaner, as such.

All the users of the Terraclean process, were saying this is different (but don't all the engine cleaners say that) and claim that it is a noticeable difference (heard that before too). With some saying they have theirs Terracleaned every two years as part of their 2-year service.

Over the years, I've periodically overcome my cynicism of such products, and try them out, but have generally found the claims are at best exaggerated and at worst I've spent £100 for a little bottle of coloured oil.

I can't find many reviews that are anything but glowing reports for Terraclean. Which either means it really does work, or Terraclean have a very powerful legal department. That can stifle any criticism of their product. I can think of one US snake oil product that is very successful at that, to the point they have people searching all the motoring forums for anything negative about their coloured oil.

So, has anyone on here used Terraclean, and if so, does it produce a noticeable difference?

I was also thinking of doing this to see if it's actually good..

When I was talking to somebody about it they put a slight doubt in my mind. (You're removing all of the build ups of "crap" so if them buildups have sealed any slight cracks or gaps its possible that it could make damage rather than good.)

I'm still open minded and wouldn't mind finding out more!

• Like 1

Had it a couple of years ago on my last car and I heartily recommend it.

• Like 2

Had it a couple of years ago on my last car and I heartily recommend it.

So, it is as good as it is claimed Clive

I may well try it out, next week. It's only £108 for mine

I found there's Terraclean agent, who operates a mobile service, literally two roads away. Not that his proximity makes any difference as he comes to the car

It is well worth it.

Search for my original thread "Terraclean seems to be spreading" for my reviews and findings regarding fuel economy increases.

Had it done on the Mondeo (2009 plate) last month, engine is much more responsive as it seemed quite meh, also going up hills is much easier we thought it was good before but now it just flies up them, I wouldn't worry about problems coming to light because if they remain unseen they will only get worse and cost a lot more in the long run.

I wouldn't mind getting it done on my Focus need to save for brand new tyres first though :D

• Like 2

It is well worth it.

Search for my original thread "Terraclean seems to be spreading" for my reviews and findings regarding fuel economy increases.

This one, quite an interesting read :)

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41765-terraclean-seems-to-be-spreading/

Had it done on the Mondeo (2009 plate) last month, engine is much more responsive as it seemed quite meh, also going up hills is much easier we thought it was good before but now it just flies up them, I wouldn't worry about problems coming to light because if they remain unseen they will only get worse and cost a lot more in the long run.

I wouldn't mind getting it done on my Focus need to save for brand new tyres first though :D

Ooh another positive result

• Like 2

Possibly the best thing I've done to my car - and I've done a fair bit in the last year.

I've had my car from nearly new (6k miles) and kept it well maintained. I had the Terraclean around 65k and the engine feels like new. There's now now no rattling at idle, it's more comfortable at lower revs and pulls better.

• Like 2

I had it done to my Fiesta van this year, and will be adding it to it's yearly service schedule from now on.

To be fair, I only use Shell V-Power diesel in my vehicle, so I get very good mpg as it is, but there are other benefits to a Terraclean service aside from improving the mpg (lowering emissions, etc) so I'd recommend it.

:)

• Like 1

Judging by the above I guess I'll add this to my 'to do list'..

I suppose the main thing is, if you find not many reviews, chances are it's a good thing... People don't often rave on mass about great things quite like they (female dog) on mass about bad things,..

• Like 2

Judging by the above I guess I'll add this to my 'to do list'..

I suppose the main thing is, if you find not many reviews, chances are it's a good thing... People don't often rave on mass about great things quite like they (female dog) on mass about bad things,..

Indeed, I used to have a mate who was in sales and marketing training,(he still is but I've not seen him since John Major was PM), he used to tell his trainees

"A happy customer might tell one other: an unhappy one will tell 7 others: a disgruntled seething angry one will tell legions of others, for many years to come"

• Like 2