Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diagonostic Tool

Tanna

Hi,

I have a 2007 Focus 1.8 TDCI need to carry out a injector flow test can this be done via VCM II? Is the VCM II diagnostic tool the correct one to buy for my car?

Cheers.

You can get real time data using IDS but yes VCM or VCM II will work as it is the same software and tool the dealers use. I have a VCM and that worked on my 2006 1.8tdci focus and my 2013 1.6tdci focus.

Edit:- i do diagnostics and activation for the NE (based in gateshead) but its just getting the time etc as im still in training at work and hours are abit hectic.

Which one of these will allow me to do a fuel injector flow test?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121762327013?euid=a8b157ee151842fb838cdb9ee6333c7a&cp=1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301811838001?euid=8899c17750754ab3bf22b3f3685f7ccb&cp=1

Also is there a way around getting windows xp sp3 on my windows 8 laptop?

cheers.

The first link is of the VXdiag/VCXnano interface. This is an interface that is able to work with the original Ford IDS software. If the quality of this type of interface is any good it should be able to perform all IDS functions. A bad quality interface may not work correct and can even brick modules of the car. Be aware that this is not a VCM 2 clone and this type of interface can be blocked (or even locked) in future IDS versions.

The second link is a clone of the Ford specific FoCom interface. This interface comes with its own software (basically an old FoCom version) but is also compatible with recent FoCom software versions. This type of interface does only support the HS CANbus system. The FoCom system is a nice diagnostic system but not nearly as advanced as the original Ford IDS system.

Personally I would buy a good quality VCM 2 clone which is 100% identical to the original Bosch VCM 2. Good quality clones are fully compatible with the origina IDS software and can even be updated to the latest IDS software level. Unfortunately there are many bad quality clones which makes it very difficult to find a good one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club