Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird Engine Problem!

focusdom

Hi there,

Got this weird problem with my engine hope someone knows what it is maybe same experience!?

(I got a mk3 11reg 1.6 petrol 105bhp hatchback focus)

If I start the engine up (dosn't matter if cold or hot start) it sounds like the tick over struggles, normally the rev counter goes to 10k but then it drops to 4K-6k and goes up and down for like 20sec ish if i'm lucky it goes back up to 10k and runs normal

And sometimes it cuts off completely.

And it's doing it sometimes 1 out of 5 starts or 1 out of 10 and sometimes ever time:(

Any ideas?

Thx for taking your time and reading this :)

Cheers

Dom

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Diagnostics I'm afraid it can be a throttle sensor throttle body maf sensor split hose gearbox speed sensor coolant sensor coil

Diagnostics I'm afraid it can be a throttle sensor throttle body maf sensor split hose gearbox speed sensor coolant sensor coil

When I had that problem about 6month ago, I drove to my local garage they had it on the computer and said they couldn't find anything:(

Now it starts again :/ I booked it in with ford but got that feeling they say the same.

If its hunting revs like that looking for fault codes wont help it will need live data diagnostics a sensor if failing will not throw a code as its still within set parameters but live data will show what they are doing and the readings and how much they are fluctuating the list of possibilities is too big to pinpoint to any one thing even o2 sensors can cause issues a dodgy battery etc so theres not any one thing that I can say change it and it'll fix the issue

• Like 1

I had the same issue, took it to ford who said they couldnt find anything wrong, but they would give it a PCM update, and so far all`s good, it still seems to have a very small shudder when idling but seems to perform a lot better then it did.

When looking at live data at home is there anything to compare the readings to so that you can spot which sensor I is faulty ect. I was just wondering as when I look the live data most values vary each time so it makes it a bit confusing to tell what's doing its job and what's not lol!

I gave it to ford they couldn't find anything with the diagnostic but he said he had a previous costumer with a similar problem so he did a update and changed a sensor (sorry forgot which sensor they changed)

Didn't had any problem yet, will keep you up to date!

Thx for all the help

Cheers

Dom

I gave it to ford they couldn't find anything with the diagnostic but he said he had a previous costumer with a similar problem so he did a update and changed a sensor (sorry forgot which sensor they changed)

Didn't had any problem yet, will keep you up to date!

Thx for all the help

Cheers

Dom

Oh and happy new year

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club