Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about the 12 volt auxiliary power socket.

MarkyR

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make the auxiliary power socket by the hand break turn off power when the ignition is switched off? I keep my cigarette charger for my iPhone in it but notice it is alway's powered on with the ignition on or off.

Has anyone seen my pics of my new car?

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make the auxiliary power socket by the hand break turn off power when the ignition is switched off? I keep my cigarette charger for my iPhone in it but notice it is alway's powered on with the ignition on or off.

You need to fit a relay into the feed wire, signalled by an ignition feed.

You need to fit a relay into the feed wire, signalled by an ignition feed.

wow :o :o that sounds a bit too much work on a brand new car. Will the battery drain if I leave the charger plugged in all the time?

Just have another quick question if anyone can help, how many keys are you supposed to get with the car? I just got 2 switchblade keys, is that correct?

A lot of modern chargers switch to low usage if they are not being used, so you may be lucky.

i also only got two keys

Just have another quick question if anyone can help, how many keys are you supposed to get with the car? I just got 2 switchblade keys, is that correct?

I believe that you get two keys as standard with the Zetec S & the Titanium. All of the other models come with only one key unless you specify more at the time of order (obviously at extra cost). Looks like Ford's accountants have been at it again!

the amount of current a small charger draws is probably about the same as the interior light, its not exactly going to drain your battery overnight. if the car is used every few days then you will most certainly have no problems at all.

Thanks for the answer on the keys guy's, can't believe you only get one with the lower spec models!

As for the charger, hmm, I can just use it when I need to but it's a Griffin charger, it has a light that remains on all the time indicating weather it's charging or not so I'm guessing it doesn't enter a low power mode.

Thanks for the answer on the keys guy's, can't believe you only get one with the lower spec models!

As for the charger, hmm, I can just use it when I need to but it's a Griffin charger, it has a light that remains on all the time indicating weather it's charging or not so I'm guessing it doesn't enter a low power mode.

If you're leaving the cable out anyway, can't you just unplug it and leave it in the cubby hole? Obviously this does mean an extra thing to do at the end of a drive. I struggle to remember to take my key out of the ignition sometimes!

The charger is probably (at most) is going to draw about 50MilliAmps if it's not activly charging the phone.

So you could leave it plugged in for six or seven days before it even has the slightest sway on the battery. Most 'intelligent chargers' (and even the cheap ones are) don't charge the phone at full power anyways when the car isn't running as the input voltage to the charger is less than +13v ('Cause the cars alternator isn't on).

Which is why you might find your phone takes AAAAGGGGEEESSS to charge if the car isn't running.

Chris...

I much prefer the power socket being live all the time. On my Golf the sat nav switches off when I plug in and turn on the ignition (or later turn it off) - unless I push a button on the Garmin to keep it on. A right pain when I've set the journey before plugging it in.

As regards keys, got 2 with the Zetec, but only one of them has the remote function.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club