Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loss of power

r3ign

after having the full Miltek exaust system installed a couple of days ago i have had nothing but problems with the power :(

some times the car's flawless and realy nippy.

but whne i'm going round town like today went over speed bump changed to 1st (like always) and as i accelerated it felt like the breaks were on .. then couple of seconds later i hear this loud pop coming out of the exaust and then the car went like normal. has anyone else experienced this problem ?

i contacted Pumaspeed and they told me to make sure i have the latest ecu update (does that cost?)

the system also has a de-cat as standard does .. could it be that the lambda sensors are screwed (my engine light is on as theres no cat) could that then be the cause of my Vaenos not working like it should ::S ?

thanks in advance

Thats same problem us guys with the Mountune kit are having, Mountune are trying to fix this problem at the moment, when i spoke to pumaspeed he told me i had got the rubbish kit as his one does not do this, clearly it does, also the pumaspeed kit does cost less but the mountune kit has a sports cat rather than a decat pipe, meaning the mil light stays off and also keeps the car road legal. I do hope you get your problem sorted soon. Sorry cant be of any assistance, i do hope pumaspeed dont say its the cars fault as fords wont touch it i doubt with a mil light on. They will just blame your decat pipe.

after having the full Miltek exaust system installed a couple of days ago i have had nothing but problems with the power :(

but whne i'm going round town like today went over speed bump changed to 1st (like always) and as i accelerated it felt like the breaks were on .. then couple of seconds later i hear this loud pop coming out of the exaust and then the car went like normal. has anyone else experienced this problem ?

i contacted Pumaspeed and they told me to make sure i have the latest ecu update (does that cost?)

the system also has a de-cat as standard does .. could it be that the lambda sensors are screwed (my engine light is on as theres no cat) could that then be the cause of my Vaenos not working like it should ::S ?

thanks in advance

the sensor will affect your managment light when it goes wrong as i am experiencing now but as i had all my work done by my local ford dealer it is covered by warrenty.so i would contact the ppl who fitted your manifold ect and ask them what they are going to do about it.did the light appear as soon as manifold ect fitted or was it a week or so..........

Thats same problem us guys with the Mountune kit are having, Mountune are trying to fix this problem at the moment, when i spoke to pumaspeed he told me i had got the rubbish kit as his one does not do this, clearly it does, also the pumaspeed kit does cost less but the mountune kit has a sports cat rather than a decat pipe, meaning the mil light stays off and also keeps the car road legal. I do hope you get your problem sorted soon. Sorry cant be of any assistance, i do hope pumaspeed dont say its the cars fault as fords wont touch it i doubt with a mil light on. They will just blame your decat pipe.

to some degree i wish i went with the Montune as so far pumaspeed are not very helpfull once you have given them the money.. its like the dont want to know about it. ive asked them to make me a temp cat as i think its the de-cat thats making most of the backfire problem (feels like my breaks are full on when pulling off)

how much does it cost to get my ecu updated ?

the sensor will affect your managment light when it goes wrong as i am experiencing now but as i had all my work done by my local ford dealer it is covered by warrenty.so i would contact the ppl who fitted your manifold ect and ask them what they are going to do about it.did the light appear as soon as manifold ect fitted or was it a week or so..........

they told me the light will come on and it was nothing to worry about (yeah right ever since that happened the cars performance went with it ) it came on about 100 miles

why should you pay for it. who fitted it..and the cat will not make it backfire that is to do with sensor as i;m having the same problem at moment which ford are looking into..

why should you pay for it. who fitted it..and the cat will not make it backfire that is to do with sensor as i;m having the same problem at moment which ford are looking into..

i know i'm not going to pay for it.. i shouldent have had this upgrade it too much hasstle.. Tony from pumaspeed fitted it he also extened the rear lambda sensor (purple one) i think it has something to do with that one.

don't quote me on this but both your sensors are on the manifold 1 at the top and towrds the bottom of the manifold by the cat............it is due to the sensor that the car is behaving in that way......sometimes after start up it backfires and then won't go ,so i nock it into neutrul turn it off which resets ecu then of we go again and it fine then till next start up i was told it's because the car is getting all the wrong signals and then goes into protection mode ..

to some degree i wish i went with the Montune as so far pumaspeed are not very helpfull once you have given them the money.. its like the dont want to know about it. ive asked them to make me a temp cat as i think its the de-cat thats making most of the backfire problem (feels like my breaks are full on when pulling off)

how much does it cost to get my ecu updated ?

There is no ecu cure for this as of yet, as far as im aware, its something mountune are working on, presuming that you have the same problem , im pretty sure mountune will not just let you buy there ecu update as its part of there kit. Did you have your car mapped by pumaspeed or did you only get there exhaust system, how you describe pumaspeed is exactly how i felt when i spoke to them over the phone.

Sound to me as if your car could be doing one of two things:

1. It could be going in to maintenance mode. Basically, your car is detecting a problem, and to make sure you don't cause any more damage/problems it bogs your acceleration down to a minimal.

Or

2. It also sounds as if the Coil Pack could be failing, which has backfiring ailment you are describing.. the backfire is the excess fuel you are not burning properly.

You might want to get the car on an ODBII checker to see what DTC codes are being thrown up.. are you a member of the RAC or AA? If so get them to come out and see what's coming up.

Sound to me as if your car could be doing one of two things:

1. It could be going in to maintenance mode. Basically, your car is detecting a problem, and to make sure you don't cause any more damage/problems it bogs your acceleration down to a minimal.

Or

2. It also sounds as if the Coil Pack could be failing, which has backfiring ailment you are describing.. the backfire is the excess fuel you are not burning properly.

You might want to get the car on an ODBII checker to see what DTC codes are being thrown up.. are you a member of the RAC or AA? If so get them to come out and see what's coming up.

My car has had mountunes ecu on it and a live logger which logs my journeys, i think they know what the problem is now but they are just trying to find a cure, ive not really been told much about what is wrong just that they will sort it, ive been putting up with this since May , but i try not to let it affect me to much as it will only do it once on a warm restart, after its done it once it wont do it again while the engine is running, seems strange that its not affecting all fiesta that are having mods put on them. One thing i will say is that Mountune are dealing with the problem, i just hope pumaspeed help r3ign and dont just fob him off.

thanks in advance

The problem is the decat pipe,lambda sensor is telling ecu the gases are wrong so ecu is trying to alter things.Ive the same system as you but I had a sport cat fitted instead of the decat pipe,up to now everything is brilliant.The ecu upgrade wont make any difference as you haven't had a remap.The st 225 guys have the same problem as you with mill light on while running with decat pipes. :unsure:

There is no ecu cure for this as of yet, as far as im aware, its something mountune are working on, presuming that you have the same problem , im pretty sure mountune will not just let you buy there ecu update as its part of there kit. Did you have your car mapped by pumaspeed or did you only get there exhaust system, how you describe pumaspeed is exactly how i felt when i spoke to them over the phone.

i only got the exaust system.. like i said they were very helefull untill i payed them .. now there being ignorant and telling me to try update the ecu and if that fails to help buy aCat off them ! i shouldent have to pay for their cockup realy not happy with pumaspeed at the mo.

just phoned pumaspeed and their bussy again so was told they will ring me back up later. i realy hope they can sort this problem out for me.. as i'm in wales and there based in wakefield :/

yeh it must be the decat

thanks for the help guys will keep you all updated

Does sound very similar to mine and Robs problem, luckily Mountune are working on it, I should have had the ETIS file put onto my car yesterday but Mountune Tech guys were not happy with something and threw it back to Fords to sort out, it should be ready for me to have end of this week though, my car losses power within the first couple mins of driving, it near on stops, chugs and sounds like its going to back fire, if I dip the clutch and pull i back up the power resumes, but its very embarrasing and annoying.

Does sound very similar to mine and Robs problem, luckily Mountune are working on it, I should have had the ETIS file put onto my car yesterday but Mountune Tech guys were not happy with something and threw it back to Fords to sort out, it should be ready for me to have end of this week though, my car losses power within the first couple mins of driving, it near on stops, chugs and sounds like its going to back fire, if I dip the clutch and pull i back up the power resumes, but its very embarrasing and annoying.

Yeh thats exactly what i'm experiencing it feels like it wants to stall too. its realy bad driving round Town :( hope pumaspeed can do something :angry:

my car feels rough as anything most of the time, it never ticks over properly and when I first start the car if I sit and listen to the sound of the engine, with no foot on pedals at all, after about 30 seconds to 1 min the engine seems to rev itself and then dip back down again, the rev counter moves up and then drops dramatically, I suppose this would be the time my power loss would happen if I was driving, this however only happends if I have already driven the car and left if for under an hour and then re start again.

michelle i think you have two seperate problems which i guess you should allready no by now one seems to be your sensor and the other seems to be your ecu. because mine is fine apart from when the sensor broke down and engine managment light came on..having to wait for a special order from ford hq because the 1's they have in stock seem to be the wrong part number for my car rang me today and said it should be in on tuesday next week.... is your yellow engine managment light on!? all so i found the best thing to do is as soon as u here or feel it hapening keep going knock car into neutral and turn car of and then back on knock it into 2nd gear and carry on driving...

I have the same problems as michelle, ive had both mine and mountunes ecu on my car and both times it still did it , however i tried a few various changes on the mountune ecu , it did get better but still did it, at this present time mountune are trying to solve the problem... the problem is not yet solved, its nothing to do with michelles car, it is affecting numerous fiestas, if it was just Michelles car Mountune would not have put a bulletin on there website regarding this problem. Never tried switching the car off, most of the time i just let it do it ,but generally dipping the clutch has stopped it before, neither of us have any warning lights on , it sounds like you have a either a different problem or your ford garage are going there own way about fixing the problem on your car.

yes my lambada sensor has packed up which is causing the problem. and as from other topic my car has been mountune chipped but at the ford garage..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club