Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window rattle !

russellf

Hi, has any one noticed if their window rattles when about half way down......

It is fine when fully up/down, but seems quite loose when mid way !

Cant comment on that problem, but I have noticed my passenger window goes up and down slower than the drivers window, I don't know if this is normal, or whether its a lazy window, as I had the same problem on my MK6

Yep, I seem to get that slightly, when there's about an inch or two gap in the window. I did menion it when it went for the checkup but there's no difference.

Hi, has any one noticed if their window rattles when about half way down......

It is fine when fully up/down, but seems quite loose when mid way !

yeah my passenger window rattels once slightly opened its realy annoying :angry:

also have rattles in the rear left hand side of the parcel shelf :/

yeah my passenger window rattels once slightly opened its realy annoying :angry:

also have rattles in the rear left hand side of the parcel shelf :/

Took the car to the dealer today, and they need it back for another day to sort out the window rattle, they have to strip down the door, not just the trim!

Also the other squeak I had has now been sorted! I thought it was coming from the dashboard, but it turned out to be the rear seat backs. But now they have been adjusted, it has finally gone! What a relief.

Took the car to the dealer today, and they need it back for another day to sort out the window rattle, they have to strip down the door, not just the trim!

Also the other squeak I had has now been sorted! I thought it was coming from the dashboard, but it turned out to be the rear seat backs. But now they have been adjusted, it has finally gone! What a relief.

What was it that was squeaking? I seem to have the odd squeak coming from the back on the right but I don't know what it is.

What was it that was squeaking? I seem to have the odd squeak coming from the back on the right but I don't know what it is.

Hi, it was the metal strikers on the release locks, they were adjusted and the noise went ! The way to test this is to lower both seat backs and have a drive! You will then know if you have the same problem, as the noise should stop.

Hi, finally sorted !

The window regulator was replaced and the glass seems a lot more tight, so no more rattle.

Does seem to go up/down a bit slower than it used to !!

Hi, it was the metal strikers on the release locks, they were adjusted and the noise went ! The way to test this is to lower both seat backs and have a drive! You will then know if you have the same problem, as the noise should stop.

Thanks very much for the heads up in my thread Russel. Yes I DO have the same thing as you, with the seats folded there is no squeak at all, just the normal rattles which are fine for me.

Does anyone know if you can adjust these things yourself? Are they the U shaped metal loops that are attached to the chassis? Or is it something in the locking mechanism in the seat itself?

yeh mine rattle when the window is fully down. :( never mind, never have it down due to cold weather and auto aircon :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club