Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Price Of Petrol

JohnPaul

Oh, cheap price of petrol, where are you hiding? will you ever come back? will we ever again see low prices of petrol? :angry:

In the USA it is US$2 for a gallon, american gallon 3,8 liters;

that is 50 cents per liter, rounding off.

1 pound = 1,5 US$

1 pound = 3 liters

1 liter should be 33 pence!

:(

It is about 33p you forgot to add the duty and VAT.

• Like 3

fuel duty and vat makes up most of the price of petrol, we can moan about that but if there were very little fuel duty/vat then the money required would come from other areas of tax, or like usa no nhs .

its all about prioritys.

no such thing as something for nothing.

• Like 5

I hear Americans moaning that gas prices are ridiculous, seriously? If it was that cheap here I would never be out of my car

• Like 5

Don't forget American 'gas' isn't as good as our petrol though. And they need like a 4 litre V8 to match a 1 litre EcoBoost power... :P

Personally I think they should put more tax on choices (such as alcohol, tobacco, sugar) and less on fuel which a lot of people need, particularly in rural areas. I'm sure that view won't be shared by everyone lol.

• Like 3

It is about 33p you forgot to add the duty and VAT.

and the transportation cost to the forcourt

it is as good its just rated differently Tomsfocus

Transportation costs will be included on the US pricing too.

Fuel duty is 57.95p

So 33 + 57.95 = 90.95

Add VAT and you get 109.14

• Like 2

Don't forget American 'gas' isn't as good as our petrol though. And they need like a 4 litre V8 to match a 1 litre EcoBoost power... :P

Personally I think they should put more tax on choices (such as alcohol, tobacco, sugar) and less on fuel which a lot of people need, particularly in rural areas. I'm sure that view won't be shared by everyone lol.

Or they [government] could get their heads out of their back sides and balance the books without taxing alcohol, tobacco, sugar OR fuel.

Yes a better taxation system could be: :P

Chav tax@ 25% for Corsa passengers

A half-wit tax @ 50% for all in possession of a Corsa

A Quarter-wit tax @ 250% for all in possession of a modified Corsa (additional rate of 50% if it has stickers)

Vauxhall light tax @ 81% for being in possession of Vauxhall on the public road, in daylight

Vauxhall dark tax @ 252% for being in possession of Vauxhall on the public road in the dark

Vauxhall winter tax @ 500% for being in possession of Vauxhall on the public road, between 1st October-31st March

Vauxhall e-tax @ 333% for being in possession of a Vauxhall during months with 'e' in them

A one brick short of full load tax @ 1% for having a solitary brick missing from your full load :P

• Like 2

Lol, unfortunately tax always has to come from somewhere, they can't just make money (well, ok, they can, but look how well that went in Germany in the 30s). There should be more tax on 'luxuries' than necessities to make it even, considering those who buy more luxuries should be the ones with more disposable income.

On topic of this thread though, apparently diesel is dropping below a pound a litre today!

• Like 2

Lol, unfortunately tax always has to come from somewhere, they can't just make money (well, ok, they can, but look how well that went in Germany in the 30s). There should be more tax on 'luxuries' than necessities to make it even, considering those who buy more luxuries should be the ones with more disposable income.

On topic of this thread though, apparently diesel is dropping below a pound a litre today!

Indeed it did! 99.9 pence per litre on both Petrol & Diesel at my local Sainsburys!

• Like 1

My local Tesco has diesel at 99.7 (petrol is 99.9).