Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ignition Problems Someone Help Please

Obrmerdan

I went to my car today and I have turned it over and was ok then I left it for a while went to turn it over again and wouldn't start all my lights come on and every think works so don't no what is going on but I no my electric windows on all the time so is my lighter socket could this be a dead battery or what can it be thanks guys

What Exactly happens when you try to start it??

All the lights come on the car makes a little chum noise that's it thanks

So does the engine turn over? If so, does it sound like it's struggling/going slow?

Does it make a clicking sound when it fails to start?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

It dosent turn over and it makes only a slight sound but as my electric windows and lighter is always on I was finking dead battery what do u think thanks

I'm asking these questions to try diagnose wether it's a dead battery or not. which it's starting to look like it is

Why are your electric Windows always on?! They should only be on with the ignition..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I think he means the windows go up and down OK but the engine won't turn over, sounds like a flat battery.

I think he means the windows go up and down OK but the engine won't turn over, sounds like a flat battery.

He said "I know my electric Windows and lighter is on all the time"

No when the ignition is off I can still use the windows and lighter socket and when ignition is on all the lights ect work but it won't turn over thanks

• Like 1

You've got an electric problem with your Windows to start with.. your electric Windows should not work with the ignition off. The lighter is supposed to stay on all the time on our cars

• Like 1

I think it's cause when I brought the car it has aftermarket electric windows wired to the lighter lol donuts who done that lol thanks

It's a 2004 fiesta.. they could have just retrofitted genuine Windows cheaper than a kit..

I no I have brought all the proper stuff to do electric window from a scrappy so ill sort that when weather is bit better and do you think it is the battery thanks

Most likely yes as its winter & the car won't have had chance to charge the battery. Try jump or bump starting it.

When was the battery last changed? Are any of the belts slipping? As that could prevent the alternator from charging the battery properly

• Like 1

I changed the battery 2months ago but haven't driven the car for 2weeks and where are the belts located I have the finesse thank you

The belts are in the same place on most cars.. Look in the driver's side of the engine bay. There should be two belts. one at the back for PAS & one at the front driving the waterpump & alternator. If they were slipping you'd most likely hear it screaming.

The battery shouldnt be dying within two weeks. What battery did you buy? Is it silver calcium?

I don't have no screaming and I can't remem it was from Halfords only reason I can fink it's dead is that the electric windows always have power but would all my lights still work

Also is there another fuse box as I only no of one behind glove box thanks

Also is there another fuse box as I only no of one behind glove box thanks

There's a fuse box behind the battery holder in the engine bay.

You MUST have a silver calcium battery. Otherwise you'll end up causing some serious damage to your electronics.

How much did you pay for the battery?

If it's a cheap Chinese thing then I wouldn't be surprised if it's failed

I'm sure it is a calcium battery paid like 50 for it from Halfords do you fink I should charge it an disconnect the electric windows thanks

Make sure the battery terminals are making good contact. If not, either take it off and charge it, or jump it and go for a drive.

Hopefully the electric Windows are fused.. so just pull the fuse or fit a relay that only comes on with the ignition

I think I'll take the battery off and charge it see what happens and I'll totally disconnect the windows as I have the proper window kit to put on anyway lol thanks for all your help

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club