Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.4 Maf Sensor?

Pottsygsxr

Hi everyone.

I have a 53 plate 1.4 focus lx. Does it have a maf sensor, if so where. I've had a look but can't find it. Am I looking in the wrong place. Any pictured would be helpful. The problem is that it has a slight miss at low revs ie pulling away from junctions etc. It's had new coil plugs leads etc withing the last couple years. Do doubt it's those. It's so frustrating and I want to get rid of it. It is fine when accelerating etc and when it's idling... To me it's more of a mixture thing. Would there be any error codes to read??

Thanks

This should help you find it.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Ford-Focus-Mk1-MAF-Mass-Air-Flow-Meter-Sensor-1-4-16V-1-6-16V-1072308-/391074465149?nav=SEARCH

Sensors dont always leave codes unfortunately, you might get lucky though. My wifes MAP sensor packed in on her Punto and that flagged up a code for the water temp sensor which it wasnt! Fiats are great!

post-65127-145173581061_thumb.jpg

Probably coil pack playing up , low revs under load is when failing coil pack most noticeable.

But as for maf sensor, it should be attached next to airfilter housing

It doesn't do many miles at all. I checked them recently and they all look good, nice tan colour etc. I might try a new coil pack first and see what help that has. It only sometimes misses when you pull away from junctions, up through the revs etc it's fine. ??