Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sat nav installation

LazyHazy

@Lainey , will send you step-by-step instructions and you can decide if you are able to do it :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat.  Have just purchased a 2016 Kuga with sync 2 but no sat nav.   I'm a bit apprehensive about sending my unit to America to have sat nav added - does anyone know if there is anyway to have it added in the UK?   From reading earlier posts it sounds like Ford don't offer this service?  

Thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gemmab said:

I'm in the same boat.  Have just purchased a 2016 Kuga with sync 2 but no sat nav.   I'm a bit apprehensive about sending my unit to America to have sat nav added - does anyone know if there is anyway to have it added in the UK?   From reading earlier posts it sounds like Ford don't offer this service?  

Thanks!

Of course there is way...and you do not have to send it anywhere and just simply activate it by your self. Will PM you with the instructions.

• Like 1

Hi all

How can I know which Sync model do I have?

I have Kuga Titanium 4X4 2016.

Thanks

Yair

Hi Bannko,

Thanks for your replay.

Yes! mine looks like that.

So we both have the same problem, no Nav..

Is it possible to upgrade to Sync 3?

This thread is about adding sat nav to SYNC 2. If you want that i can send you detailed instructions.
So if you want do to a swap to SYNC 3, for that start your own new topic and ask there :) 

Sorry, new to this forum.. and to the Kuga( 2 weeks)

Thought maybe Sync 3 comes with nav system..

As for your offer, detailed instructions for Sync 2, I'd like that very much!!

Thanks

Yair

20170526_164704.jpg

Hi @YairO i have sent you a private message. You shuld have it in your inbox.

• 2 weeks later...

@Bannko please can you PM me the details too?

Thanks so much :smile:

• Like 1

Hello, are you able to PM me also please as I've just purchased a Kuga 2016 with sync 2 but without sat Nav? Many thanks

@Bannko

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I have been searching for quite sometime now to enable my nav on sync 2 but they are all very expensive (including that OBDGeine for 1000 USD......? ) Can any one help me with that software way to enable it. I don't want to rip my dashboard open and send the apim unit. Any help would be appreciated alot.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi @Jimbon that is an old procedure and you do not have to pay fortune to have. Now you can just simply activate it at home. :) Have sent you all the details via PM.

• Like 1

Hi Bannko, could you also PM me the process? I have a 2016 Kuga and been trying to look for something like this for a year! Thanks.

On 15/08/2017 at 7:09 AM, Bannko said:

Hi @Jimbon that is an old procedure and you do not have to pay fortune to have. Now you can just simply activate it at home. :) Have sent you all the details via PM.

• Like 1

On 25 May 2017 at 7:11 AM, Bannko said:

Of course there is way...and you do not have to send it anywhere and just simply activate it by your self. Will PM you with the instructions.

Hi can you send me the details for the sync 2upgrade navigation 

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:09 AM, Bannko said:

Hi Bannko, I have just purchased a Ford Mondeo MKV with Sync 2 Full reversing camera but no Sat Nav, I would really appreciate it if you could please send me a PM on how to install Sat Nav. Cheers in advance.

• Like 1

Hi Bannko, I've a Focus Titanium 2016 with Sync 2 but NOT with Nav. Can You PM the instructions on how I may add Nav to my Sync 2 unit please??

Thanks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

Hi Bannko, I've a Focus Titanium 2016 with Sync 2 but NOT with Nav. Can You PM the instructions on how I may add Nav to my Sync 2 unit please??

Thanks.

PM'd you mate ;)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bannko said:

PM'd you mate ;)

Hi Bannko,

Just came across this while looking up instructions for my 66 plate Kuga with sync 2, it doesn't appear to have any satnav or any extra buttons to turn say the heated seats on etc like some pics I've seen on here, are you able to just add these features or does your headunit need sending off?

Thankyou.

3 minutes ago, kugaa said:

Hi Bannko,

Just came across this while looking up instructions for my 66 plate Kuga with sync 2, it doesn't appear to have any satnav or any extra buttons to turn say the heated seats on etc like some pics I've seen on here, are you able to just add these features or does your headunit need sending off?

Thankyou.

Hi Mate,

if you habe manual buttons for e.g. heated seats they will not appear in your SYNC 2. Also my Tit X Focus does not have these buttons on SYNC 2 only hardware buttons :)

The sat nav can be just easily be activated. Will PM you the things you have to buy and the instructions...

Cheers

Hi Bannko ... Got my NAV working well (after new SD!!)

Thanks for your help and assistance ... :smile:

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko

Would you be able to PM me the instructions mentioned? Just bought a 2016 Kuga Titanium with Sync2 but no satnav and would like to upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 2:15 PM, Bannko said:

It is really possible to instal NAVI into your SYNC II afterwards. You have to just have a licence NAVI file - this costed me 60EUR/ 52pounds (for more info PM me). 

+ You have to have a good ELM327 cable to work with FORScan software. And that's it. I managed to try it few months ago and it worked.

The page from Alan  ford-retrofit.com/  is really expansive and everything can be done waaaay more cheaper.

Bannko,

Just installed Sat Nav to my 2015 Ford Mondeo Eco Boost to your step step guide and your patience and good communication. I was quoted in the region of £900 from Ford who said that they have to install a GPS device and my SYNC 2 along with a full reprogram of my Sync 2. If anyone is reading this Forum, please contact Bannko because his procedure is not only simple it is also very cost effective and he will save you a fortune. I am not a computer genius but with Bannko's help and patience I now have a full working Sat Nav in my car.

Excellent work, keep up the good work.

Many Thanks,

BoroPete

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club