Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sat nav installation

LazyHazy

Hi

I am doing the update now but having problems about to change the settings in Forscan APIM settings but the values are different to the instructions...Help anyone...please

20171223_113752.jpg

Just emailed you but going to write this also here. Second line 7D0-01-02, first cell rewrite to 041C.

In the instructions is only example of the values that is why they are different from yours. In general you have just to rewrite the first two digits to 04.

• Like 1

Hi Bannko

Another hoping you're still following this thread, could you also send me instructions on how to activate sat nav for Ford Kuga 2016.

Newbie here, I've also sent you a PM

Thanks Pow

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I'm new here to the this forum, a quick Google for the Kuga Sync 2 Sat Nav upgrade brought me here.

I just looked through all the posts here, re: the Sync 2 Sat Nav upgrade, and I want to try it as well. Can you PM me the instructions please @Bannko, much will be appreciated.:tongue::biggrin:

Can you recommend any other easy upgrades that I can do in my Kuga mk2 with Sync 2?

Thanks in advance.

@JackKuga well I must unfortunately say that besides sat nav, the sync 2 is pointless. You cannot do there literally anything.

But will message you the info for the sat nav any minute ;) 

• Like 1

Hi Bannko; been following thread and found the link for the Sync 2 Nav install on the 'general page'; any chance of pestering you for your instructions???

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko

Could you please send me instructions for my 2014 focus titanium and will I need to buy anything other than the SD? 

Regards 

• Like 1

Hi Chaps; success; Sat Nav working!  however, i hurriedly changed (all) the APIM 7D0-01-02 codes from the factory settings without taking a record....... :(

does anyone have the basic details for an 2016 1.5EB TiX.........???

Unfortunately each car has a different configuration so there is a small chance that a a 1.5eb tit x will have the same config that you can use ;) 

But here is your solution just go simply here: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Put there your VIN and it will show you your  car's AS Build config settings and there you will see your origin values ;) 

Cheers

Hello Bannko

I have the same problem with the Sync 2 could you kindly send me your step by step guide of how to add it please, I have just bought a 2016 Kuga Tit X

Many thanks in anticipation, hope you're not too fed up with this too!!

• Like 1

Hi Bannko

I have a 2016 Kuga Titanium with Sync 2 and would like to add satnav.

Could you send me the instructions when you get a chance.

Many thanks

• Like 1

Hi all,

New member, currently own a Focus CMAX 2004 and am going to buy a Kuga. Concerning that Ford do not sell this as a reasonably priced aftermarket offer form a dealer or such... 

So, I am sort of tech-savvy and have some experience with ELM. Was wondering if anyone has tried this with an OBDLink MX and Forscan yet? I'm also wondering how i identify the 8" unit as having the sat nav capability (although locked). I have seen the pic a few pages back and just wanted to understand what to press if i'm in the car as a prospective buyer. I am right in thinking it is the Information button on the top right and the presence of an SD car slot?

I would very much like the instructions please @Bannko. It will be a few months until I have bought the car, but will keep you guys updated. 

Regards

Y.

@yozz3r Forscan is of course involved in the activation process so good for you that you have already some experience with it ;)

SD-cards slot is present always also for the nonNAV as NAV version. 

You have to only focus on the top right corner and what is written there. If the sat nav is not there then you have there text saying : "Information system"

Like on this picture:

10eacdb0c17e8fb0med.jpg

If the navi is there you see "Naviagtion" (SD-Card is inserted) or "Insert nav. SD card" (SD-card is not inserted) ;)

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko

Thanks for the info that's really helpful :smile:. I would think that there's a lot of people who would not know to look for that when buying the Kuga.

Y.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Bannko, any chance of sending me these instructions? I have a Grand Cmax with sync 2 and would like to get nav set up. Many thanks 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bannko.

Sorry to trouble you. But I was wondering if you could PM me those details for adding the SatNav function to my 2016 Kuga with Sync2.

many thanks

Jeff

• Like 1

Hi Bannko,

Top man. Looks like you have saved a lot of people a few £ with the information. I have a 2015 Ford Focus Titanium Estate with Sync 2. I have been looking to get Sat nav on this. If you have the time I would be grateful for any information you could pass on to help out.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1

Hi Bannko,
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending me the details for the Sat Nav installation.
You make it sound easy and gives me the confidence to try!
Thanks in advance
Phil
  • Like 1

Hi @Bannko

Wondering if you could help me out with the same as above?

Struggling with the advice given by other users.

Cheers in advance

Sam
  • Like 1

Hi Bannko

Sorry to bother you. But I have just bought a 2016 Kuga Titanium X. Got home and no sat nav or parking system. You seemed to pop up all of the time with great success. Could you please send me the details how to sort this out. I've got the sync2 system. 

Many thanks

Garry

Bannko,

Seems like your guide for enabling nav to sync 2 is pretty easy to follow, could you PM me details too? So far all I've found is the OBDGenie for £1k or the ship to US option..

Cheers in advance!

• Like 1

@Bannko is there any chance you could PM me your instructions too please. My Kuga Titanium with SYNC 2 is missing nav at the moment.

Ta in advance.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club