Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sat nav installation

LazyHazy

@Bannko you seem to be the man in the know. Would you also send me the instrctions too? Thanks 

• Like 1

@Bannko I would also very much appreciate the instructions for a Kuga Titanium + 2016 with Sync 2. Might be able to get a friend to help me do it. 

I bought the SD card two years ago but it never worked because the Sat Nav isn’t activated in my car. 

Thanks in advance

Steve 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted so say thank you to @Bannko for helping me activate the nav in my Focus ST SYNC2 unit. A really big help along with clear instructionsimage.thumb.jpg.e9d6fe03152190f6f1cb33b8ad4f43bb.jpg

• Like 1

@Bannko

absolute legend! 

Helped from start to finish sending over simple step by step instructions on how to install Nav. Even organising the license. 

Thanks Bannko

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Bannko

Just bought a 66 plate Kuga tit with Synch 2. Dealer assured me it had sat nav.......it didn't! I know I should have checked it out myself!

I really would be very grateful if you could send me the instructions too!

Many thanks in anticipation.

• Like 1

Hi Bannko

Like the post above I have bought a Kuga sync 2 without sat nav when I thought it had. If you could possible PM me the details that would be great

thanks 

• Like 1

Just a quick note to say thank you to @Bannko. 

I now have a fully activated Sat Nav on my Ford Sync 2 system and even got the navigation behind the steering wheel working today. 

I highly recommend him if you want to get your Sat Nav Working in your Ford. I didn't believe it was possible but it is! 

Thanks again

Steve

• Like 2

Hi @Bannko I’m due to sign on the dotted line and buy my focus Zetec S today, but I would really appreciate the instructions of how to get the sat nav to work on the sync 2 system before I go.

Having read the thread, it sounds like your method works well, so I’m confident! 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko I pick up my 16 plate tit x on fri please could you send me the link for Sat Nav on sync 2? 

Thanks 

• Like 1

On 26/09/2016 at 2:15 PM, Bannko said:

It is really possible to instal NAVI into your SYNC II afterwards. You have to just have a licence NAVI file - this costed me 60EUR/ 52pounds (for more info PM me). 

+ You have to have a good ELM327 cable to work with FORScan software. And that's it. I managed to try it few months ago and it worked.

The page from Alan  ford-retrofit.com/  is really expansive and everything can be done waaaay more cheaper.

On 27/09/2016 at 9:12 AM, Bannko said:

Exactly it was free at the beginning of the year and i have missed that :( 

That is why i have paid for the extended licence because few people managed somehow to brake the Fords Etis again but they are now selling it. But it is still cheap for what you get. 

Hi I’ve just bought s kuga and would like to install sat nav I’ve bought an elm OBD2 and downloaded FORScan altered the apim.my screen now says insert SD card. I obtained an f6 card but it is not recognised.any advise please

@m1lton everything is done correct mate. When it says insert SD card, that means you have the sat nav. Only the SDcard you have is faulty. Please contact the seller and ask for a replacement ;)

Hi @Bannko Having read how helpful you have been to others I wonder if I too might get the magic message to help me recover from my disappointment in myself of jumping in and buying a focus 2016 that doesn't have satnav?! 

• Like 1

@MJDu Do you know if you have there Sync2 or SYNC3? I am only asking because models that came off production line in Q4 2016 were already equipped with SYNC3 and want to be sure you have SYNC2 in your car :) 

• Like 1

Thanks @BannkoYes just double checked its Sync 2, looks like the previous pics on this thread, 4 quarters, 3 relatively useful, 1 telling me which way I'm pointing!

• Like 1

Hello @bannko i know this is a bit cheeky but i have spent hr upon hr searching the net trying to find out 

if its possible to get the sat nav working on my 16 plate kuga with sync2 and all roads lead to you 

so if possible would you be so kind as to PM me the info needed to do this please.

I appreciate you may be getting fed up with requests for this by now so if its not possible fair enough mate.

Thanks for taking the time to read this anyway 

Russ

• Like 1

Could you please send me the details on how to upgrade SYNC 2 to sat nav?

• Like 1

Bannko, if your still about if can PM me details on this please?

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko

Seems I'm in the same boat with the 2016 Kuga without Sat Nav.

If you, or anyone else, is able to PM me the instructions, that would be magic.

Thanks in advance

MP

• Like 1

Hello @bannko   i have spent hours searching the net trying to find out 

if its possible to get the sat nav working on focus with sync2 and search led me here

if your still about if can PM me details on this please? Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Bannko looking to fit sat nav to my 2016 Kuga with sync 2 could you send me required instructions by pm

Much  appreciated 

• Like 1

Hi Bannko, I have a 2016 focus titanium without Nav, is it possible to enable Nav on it or do I need to retrofit hardware? How is it done?

• Like 2

@Bannko

legend! 

simple step by step instructions on how to install Nav on my Ford Kuga Titanium X 2016! works like a dream !

Thanks Bannko

Donald

• Like 1

@Bannko  could you please PM me with the details, trying to activate NAV on my 2015 Focus.

Cheers

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club