Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sat nav installation

LazyHazy

Hi @Bannko, I've got the ELM327 cable at the ready, hoping to be able to activate in on my sync 2. Could you PM me the instructions please! Cheers

• Like 1

Hi @Bannkoi, would it be possible for you to send me the instructions on how to activate my Sat Nav on my Focus ST Sync 2 system please?

It seems you are the man in the know and I would be extremely greatful.

Thanks

Matt

• Like 1

@Bannko

Hi could you PM me with the details, trying to activate NAV on my Kuga.

• Like 1

@Bannko
Hi could you PM me with the details,trying to activate NAV on my Ranger 
  • Like 1

@Bannko

Hi,

May you also PM me through the instructions to activate the Sat nav?

Thanks.

• Like 1

@Bannko would you mind sending me the instructions through ?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko

Would you please send me the instructions on how to install Nav on sync 2 system without Nav currently.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi @Bannko

Can I join the list of people asking you to pm me the instructions on installing nav on a sync 2 currently without it.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I would really apreciate a copy of your guide as well please. Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Bannko

I am trying to add sat nav to my SYNC 2, I have an ELM327 cable & FORScan....... Could you kindly PM me the instructions?

Thanks mate!

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko, thank you so much for your help! I followed your instructions step by step they were very clear and was able to activate the sat nav with no issues at all! It’s definitely a great service and help you provide right down to even ensuring I had the right version of software installed on the car.  Would definitely recommend anyone who needs help with this it couldn’t have been simpler especially after ford tried and after having it in their shop for 2 days told me it couldn’t be done!

thanks again

• Like 1

Thank you @Bannkofor the clear instructions on installing Sat Nav on my Sync 2 system!

• Like 1

Hi,

I pick up my Kuga tomorrow, but its a 2013 Titanium, with Sync 2 (?) and the Sony Head Unit, and no sat nav.

Is it possible to activate and add sat nav to that model, and if so, could I ask for the instructions/details to be PM'd over, please @Bannko

Cheers

MJ

EDIT: Actually, on reading further, I think the one I'm getting has  Sync without touchscreen version, but still the Sony Unit. Is the Sat Nav upgrade possible on that, or would  need to change the screen as well as any software upgrade?

@johnson293 unfortunately when it is the Sync1 non touchscreen, then a HW change is needed so you need to buy a new screen and you have to check also if you have the SD-card slot present somewhere on the sony panel. Not sure where it is hidden exactly.

26 minutes ago, Bannko said:

@johnson293 unfortunately when it is the Sync1 non touchscreen, then a HW change is needed so you need to buy a new screen and you have to check also if you have the SD-card slot present somewhere on the sony panel. Not sure where it is hidden exactly.

Ah, thanks for the reply. 👍

I'll leave it then - Sat Nav is nice to have, but no biggy for me. Just thought if it was a relatively simple thing, then I'd do it, but not with changing hardware, etc.

With bluetooth, Ipod connection and DAB, it still much better spec'd than the ICE in the Astra i'm trading in tomorrow.

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko, please can you send me instructions on how to set up sat nav on sync 2 

thanks in advance 

Hi Bannko 

Can you please send me the Nav enabling info

Big TIA  Charlie

Hi everyone newbie here sorry to go over old ground but would also like the instructions on how to put nav on my 16 plate kuga with sync 2

many thanks 

• Like 1

Hi Bannko, Like most people I am in the same predicament, yesterday I took delivery of my 2016 Kuga Titanium X 150 TDI with Ford Sync2 it was advertised as having SatNav but does not. I really don't want to return it as it's a gorgeous car so would be grateful if you could also send me the detailed instruction to upgrade the Sync unit to SatNav.

Best regards

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All 

I need help, the wife is after a Ford Kuga and to be honest they are nice, we have come across a titanium x 65 plate with no sat nav, I spoken with a main dealer who has advised me that a module would need to be fitted to the rear of the OEM is this true even though its a Sync 2 unit? Wife wants Sat Nav and I think this Kuga is a good buy, can someone help? is it possible to enable it for less than grand? are all sync 2 sat nav ready just need enabling? Any instructions greatly appreciate. 

Thank you in advance. 

Hi All 

I need help, the wife is after a Ford Kuga and to be honest they are nice, we have come across a titanium x 65 plate with no sat nav, I spoken with a main dealer who has advised me that a module would need to be fitted to the rear of the OEM is this true even though its a Sync 2 unit? Wife wants Sat Nav and I think this Kuga is a good buy, can someone help? is it possible to enable it for less than grand? are all sync 2 sat nav ready just need enabling? Any instructions greatly appreciate. @Bannko can you help?? 

Thanks in advance

12 hours ago, Stephen19810924 said:

• Like 1

If your sync screen currently shows a compass then the nav upgrade is possible.
Dealerships prefer to sell you a new apim module as then you get to cough up £900 plus.
Bannko will sort you out.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would you please send me the instructions on how to install Nav on sync 2 system without Nav currently..

do I need a laptop if so I don't own one. Can I take it to anybody that can set it up for me please. 

thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Bannko, just found out that the focus ti x I bought doesn't have sat nav would u be so kind as to send me the instruction on how to activate it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club