Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Time Detailing, Help!

nicima

So I have had my car for two months now, its 10 years old, its got quite a few little swirl marks, scratches etc. Ive been cleaning it at the garage car wash - mainly due to the weather and time i have.

I really want to give it a much needed scrub and treat. I don't have a power washer or a garage/drive way to wash and polish it.

I have done a lot of reading, you tube video watching, gone through as many posts on here I could have found. I don't have a lot of money to put into products atm due to fixing the car up and upgrading a few bits.

So just wanted to run what I was thinking of doing for my first detail and see what people thought and if they had any tips for me -

Two bucket wash with Auto Glym shampoo

Dry

clay with All shine clay bar and auto finish top gloss detailer

-now is the bit where I'm not sure what to do-

I want to try and lift the paint work as it is really dull IMO - compared to other cars I've seen on the forum. So I am thinking along these lines and products in this order,

AutoGlym Paint Renovator

T-Cut Colour Fast Dark Blue

Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Dodo juice Wax - Blue Velvet

Is the dodo juice enough to seal everything and protect it or would i need something to go over that? I wanted to use as the t cut and blue velvet to give two layers of product that will help enhance the colour of the car more - or would this be going over bored?

Forgot to add that my car is INK BLUE

Stay away from T cut.

Dodo juice wax is way overpriced.

If you're on a budget

Two bucket wash with any shampoo (I personally hate Autoglym products with a passion).

clay with clay bar & lube

Purchase some fallout remover. This needs doing to your car once every 6 months ideally if unprotected. It's a great wheel cleaner too.

Purchase a Glaze of some sort. This will help fill in the swirl marks and hide them a little.

Purchase some tar remover.

Wash method to get it up to scratch

Two bucket wash

Fallout removal

Tar removal

clay bar

Wash off clay

Dry

Apply glaze.

Apply wax

You're done

Have a look at mesto Foamers. When you have a little money I'd suggest investing in one. you'll never have a safe wash method without a prewash.

Maintenence wash

Two bucket wash

Glaze

Wax

Dry

Done

Have a look at gloss enhancers too. That way you've got a GLAZE to hide swirls & imperfections, WAX for protection & GLOSS ENHANCER for extra gloss without polishing

Ideally you need either a paint correction with wetsand a more budget orientated machine polish without wetsanding.

When you have the funds drop me a message if you like. I know detailers up and down the country, so even if we cant carry out services for you, I'll put you In touch with somebody who can

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Great thanks for that info, massively appreciated.

So what is the difference to fallout and tar removal?
Im not too bothered about cleaning my wheels atm as my wheels are the vile steel wheels - I'm currently on the hunt for some alloys.

So i have found these two products by Auto Finesse

Obliterate - tar removal

http://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/oblitarate-500ml

Iron out - Contamination cleaner

http://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/iron-out-500ml

For the wax i have found a 30ml dodo juice for like £6 which i don't mind trying it our for, so would you say its worth a try as a final wax, I do feel the car needs something to add colour back into the paint. What would you say would be a good Glaze to help get rid of swirl marks?

cheers again

Fallout is Iron particles that form a bond with your paintwork. These particles are thrown out by your brakes, and are generally picked up by the back bumper & any high points on the sides/front of the car.

I personally dislike Autoglym, Auto finesse, Carbon Collective (overpriced), dodojuice (overpriced)

Have a look on my website. Forum supporters have a discount code too

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

MadCow refined high gloss glaze is my personal favourite as its a Glaze and gloss enhancer in one. No real need for wax but you can if you want

I pretty much do the same as yourself but personally I like to seal (Polish) and then wax after i've clay barred. It's just that little bit more added protection. Just make sure you don't claybar dry (Always keep it wet) and it has no grit on the bar.. Don't drop the bar! :D

• Like 1

I pretty much do the same as yourself but personally I like to seal (Polish) and then wax after i've clay barred. It's just that little bit more added protection. Just make sure you don't claybar dry (Always keep it wet) and it has no grit on the bar.. Don't drop the bar! :D

Polish is abrasive so you shouldn't do it all the time. Eventually you'll run out of clearcoat

You should use clay lube or quick detailer

Fold it over when any big bits get onto it :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club