Do Not Sell My Personal Information

125 Or 140Ps Ecoboost

Eric Bloodaxe

Considering a new Fiesta. Would prefer 5 doors but of course only available on Titanium. Could however live with 3 door Zetec S if the 140ps version was worth the inconvenience. Has anyone experienced both and does the extra 15ps make a worthwhile difference?

If you are looking at new, I believe the 140PS is now available on Titanium too...

Ok take that back, they just made it available on Zetec S, rather than only black/red edition...

Could fit the mountune MP135 to a titanium 125 if you felt it needed a bit more go.

• Like 2

Zetec S, just like the Red/Black editions, is a bit different to drive. The 15 HP is not the only difference, but the handling is better due to stiffer springs, a tuned steering response and the lowered chassis. This makes the car feel more sporty, which for some may feel as a harsh ride, especially on 17" wheels, but once you've tried both the regular Fiesta and the "improved" ones, you probably won't have a doubt in your mind. :)

• Like 1

I love having 5 doors but like you say the zetec S and Red / Black / ST are only 3 door do out of the question. I really wanted a sporty model.

In the end I opted for a 125ps Titanium (then an X) with the Dress up kit and Mountune'd them to 135ps first then to 165ps this time around.

The ride on the upgraded 17s aren't to bad as the titanium has a standard suspension setup.

I'd recommend sticking with your 5 door plan, get a 125ps for free tax and remap it. That's what I did ;)

2015-11-21%2012.56.04_zpsx2jtbwcs.jpg

2015-12-30%2013.13.52_zpsnawiat1i.jpg

• Like 3

I currently have the Red Edition with the 140 PS. I have also had the 125 and find this much more responsive. Noticeably faster in acceleration. I had the ST in between and have been really surprised how good the 140 is. Suspension is fine, perhaps a but stiffer than the Titanium would be (though I have never been in a titanium) but really is OK. Admittedly I have came from an ST so perhaps not a proper comparison.

Thanks for the info so far, guys (Nice car Willy, BTW).

It looks as if 140ps is worth having, but would still prefer a factory 5 door. Why Ford can't sell a sporty 5 door here when they ONLY do 5 doors in US escapes me!

Now seeing mention of new Fiesta in 2017 - might wait for more info before making a decision - fortunately i'm in no rush.

• Like 1

They consider the Focus to fill the 5dr sporty hole.

• 1 year later...

So have at last ordered a 5 door ST line X 140ps!

Nice. Report back when you've spent a bit of time with it, if you can. That's what I'm looking to replace my current St-Line 140 with in a few years time.

Very happy with the current one so far, no problems and more than enough go for my needs.

1 hour ago, Blatto said:

Nice. Report back when you've spent a bit of time with it, if you can. That's what I'm looking to replace my current St-Line 140 with in a few years time.

Very happy with the current one so far, no problems and more than enough go for my needs.

I  don't really need the car for the next month or three (can always borrow the wife's or, being an old geezer, use my bus pass, so am aiming to delay delivery until January (unless  Ford offer an incentive to register earlier). 

Will certainly be giving feedback when I finally get it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club