Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Projector Retrofit Morimoto Mini 7.0 H1 35W

firefighter

20151228_190600_zps3xepcumm.jpg20151224_101832_zpsnv4zlnos.jpg1_zpsmqnayyys.jpg

some pictures and video of my projector retrofit to my Focus MKII 2006

• Like 1

they look the business, Ive been looking at these for a while, curious about the wiring tho.

do you have the hi/low beam solenoid connected up or are you just using the old reflector for high beam? or are you using both?

love to see any other pictures you have of the setup

yes i use both just look my you tube video.I try today to post more pictures

• Like 1

cheers, don't suppose you could post links to the parts?

ive been trying to work out how they are wired in, specifically connecting up the high beam so the solenoid can move the plate on the projector to turn them in to high beams as well.

looking at their harnesses its not really clear how that's done or which harness to use, if its internal to the lamp or splices in to the ford headlight harness.

I'm going to attempt to convert my existing reflectors if I can get the casing apart, ive grown tired of my current projectors and getting OEM xenons is going to cost a fortune so this might just be the answer :)

• Like 1

Here is the projector on my headlight reflector.

20151224_101755_zpsdeekcv9d.jpg

There is no need to modified the reflector ,al parts you need is inside the kit i order.First i take off the wiring harness from the headlight.After i warm up the oven at 170 celcious for about 20 minutes at the fan heater position.Then i close the oven and i put inside the headlight for 6.5 minutes ,here you can open the door from the oven just to check the plastic ,if you afraid put it at 130 celcius 7 minutes.Some guys put the headlight at 270 farenait.Take it oyt and with a screwdriver try to open carefully around the headlight.The butyl is no soft but it opens.The hard part is to take off the old butyl ,you can use a hairdryer and flat screwdriver .If you want to paint the reflector just rub the chrome with a scotchbrite

Scotch-Brite-Heavy-Duty-Scrub-Sponges-3-

Before you paint it you van use plastic primer and after the paint.I use paint heat black mat

20151223_200349_zpst18mvnor.jpg

• Like 1

h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mckmjpKKz3U

h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1rOLjoAwCg

just put the wires from the solenoid reflector on the wires from your high beam ,so simple

It;s a little diffycult for me because i don;t know the english well.,but i try the best

• Like 2

Good job on the headlight , I had done pretty much the same for my fiesta a while back. Darren when it comes to the high/lo beam you don't really need it for the projector as the focus lights have a separate reflector for this. You only really need to worry about it if your high/lo beam are in the same bulb typically a H4.

• Like 1

i forgot to tell you i use the shrouds came with the kit ,it's a little small it's 90mm ,and i need 120mm but iam out of money because they have extra charge

This is your headlight.If yes for the mini projectors you can use only H1 bulbs .But i think they have H7 and H1 halogen bulbs .The high beam it's not that great (distance) as the halogen bulbs if you use only one position at the reflector .Maybe some other friend with the same headlights can help you or ask at HIDPLANET.COM

focus_zps3xtmpnks.jpg

here is a foto if you have the same headlight

phiomicronrhodelta%202_zpsr4hm6imu.jpg

phiomicronrhodelta%203_zpsgoqdy77t.jpg

• Like 1

yeah, that's my headlight alright, its too big for any ovan I have access too and the glue is rock hard, almost plastic like, ive been using a heat gun to test it and its probably doable but its going to be messy around the edges

if other guys done it ,there is no need to worry you can done it too

here is my car

20160103_111847_zpsdrbpww43.jpg

• Like 1

This tool can help you more ,and make no damage to the plastic

spatula_zpsr6j6a37v.jpg

But you need a powerfull heardryer ,i think the oven it's the way

h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfnjYZsd-e0

h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYgVVb4633g

That's a really impressive conversion, if I didn't have a pair of ST HID units for my Mk2.5 I would be doing this myself. :)

oh I'm sooooo, tempted, I'm going to continue to see if I can get the casing apart then decide what to do

only thing I'm now curious about is the size of the shroud, you mentioned yours was too small, I think 90mm on mine will also be to small but an additional $30 for a larger 120mm one seems a little steep and it looks like we would both have to cut the thing up to fit correctly!

Then of course you have to wonder about adding angle/devil eyes for good measure :D

don't suppose you have some pictures of the light pattern up against the wall? at around 50 feet

don't suppose you have some pictures of the light pattern up against the wall? at around 50 feet

When it comes to the shroud it doesn't really matter only personal preference when it comes to looks as it won't affect the projector at all. I would check out this thread http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/63136-fiesta-mk6-headlight-hid-retrofit/ its pretty much the same idea but for the fiesta. The beam pattern and projector are the same. I may make a tutorial as I plan on doing this again on my focus but I currently don't have a spare set of headlights.

50ft is 15 metres.Ok i try today to take a picture

If you try to find something cheaper also take a look here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-SHIPPING-2014-NEW-CHA-DLand-MINI-HID-BI-XENON-PROJECTOR-LENS-FOR-H1-6-1/1883045078.html

This is mini 6.1 ,not morimoto ofcourse

from 15 metres

20160104_200053_zpsd7uuds3o.jpg20160104_193637_zpsyswt7s9h.jpg

and some more fotos

20160104_195027_zpssie2hk5k.jpg20160104_201331_zps0sfkl04j.jpg

• Like 1

that is great, so much better than my aftermarket headlamps, I'm sold on the idea, now I just need to see if I can get some RHD models!

ive emailed them to see if they do, I can order them from Oz but the shipping cost is astronomically high

For shipping cost from USA to Greece i pay 25 us dollars .One box 20cm X30 cm

And i have a question to guys where do this retrofit if the lights bothering the opposite drivers so far from they experience

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club