Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Engine Gearbox Out

vinpetrol

Hi All any help with this will be much appreciated.

My step son has a 2002 1.4tdci with 140K on the clock. The clutch has gone on it. He's skint so can't afford to put it into a garage. I have a fair bit of experience with cars over the years but don't have a garage , pit or ramp.

I do have access to some heavy lifting equipment though.

Is it possible to change the clutch without a ramp or pit ? Does the engine and box need to come out?

Does it have to be done underneath ?

Cheers Vin

The gearbox is in the nearside if the engine bay. Just from working around the gearbox on my car it looks like it's definately a lift/ramp job

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

The gearbox is in the nearside if the engine bay. Just from working around the gearbox on my car it looks like it's definately a lift/ramp job

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

I know it normally would be but like I said I have some heavy lifting equipment (a digger) and could lift the whole front of it up quite high and support it on blocks it this would make it achievable.

Vin

I know it normally would be but like I said I have some heavy lifting equipment (a digger) and could lift the whole front of it up quite high and support it on blocks it this would make it achievable.

Vin

Oh so you're lifting the car not the gearbox. My mistake.

You could probably lift it and support it but I wouldn't personally. Isn't there a self repair centre near you were you can hire a ramp? Seems a safer option

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Oh so you're lifting the car not the gearbox. My mistake.

You could probably lift it and support it but I wouldn't personally. Isn't there a self repair centre near you were you can hire a ramp? Seems a safer option

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

no options locally to rent a ramp but what a good idea ! I had never heard of this before.

it looks like some kerbside Engineeeing is the only way at moment.

any tips on getting it out would be great

vin

Lift it and put some blocks under sills, then if the blocks are high enough you can get under to work on it .

• Like 1

Done a few clutches now on the ground with only a jack and axle stands. Not done a fiesta but I have done a couple of Focus' without any problems - cant see why it would be any more difficult for a Fiesta.

• Like 1

Will be giving it a go , this will be a slow thread but will post how I get on .

Cheers

Vin

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club