Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damsel In Distress - Ecoboost Reality

Kateysan

The drive in a fiesta alone will put a smile on your face how it holds the road and add

the EcoBoost into it,well just read a few on here and there are a massive mix on here

what people have,from the small basic upto the ST,when i had mine i did a lot of reading on here.

Reviews online are ok but on here you get a better picture.

• Like 1

Probably just as well, I think kids use IRL as an abbreviation for 'in real life' nowadays - they might read it wrong and not catch on!

Cheers Loz. So excited now.

Was just looking up if i had to put IRL sticker on my car when I am in UK in March. Thank goodness it appears not needed anymore, it would have made me weep to have to put a sticker on my new metallic paint, although there must be magnetic ones now.

• Like 1

I bought my 1.25 80ps in march of 2015 (14 plate) put some miles on it and wasn't really enjoying driving it because it was so down on power. It's nippy when it wants to be but i have noticed some tomes when i'm over taking it takes me a while. Now i went to ford yesterday and looked around ended up walking out with a 64 plate dark blue 1ltr 100 ecoboost. On the test drive you could notice the difference straight away! Picking it up on friday :D

• Like 2

The 1.25 82 bhp engine is a tried & trusted & ultra reliable - BUT it was not built for speed :)

It's old tech' & does what it does very well & can't really be compared to state of the art ecoboost tech'

• Like 1

I bought my 1.25 80ps in march of 2015 (14 plate) put some miles on it and wasn't really enjoying driving it because it was so down on power. It's nippy when it wants to be but i have noticed some tomes when i'm over taking it takes me a while. Now i went to ford yesterday and looked around ended up walking out with a 64 plate dark blue 1ltr 100 ecoboost. On the test drive you could notice the difference straight away! Picking it up on friday :D

Let me know how you get on in your first few weeks, end of Feb until I get mine :(

Mind you, I might get booted off the page when you compare the colour of mine to all these fab white, blue and reds. I went for Magnetic. It won't set the world alight but I have already picked the nickname out - Magneto. My current is Rocky........I seem to follow a movie theme!

I quite like the magnetic colour. I was stuck between the midight sky and deep impact blue when i ordered mine... went for the blue because the midnight sky was quite flat...

No real sparkle to it.

The magnetic looks nice though :)

• Like 1

I can't wait to be able to replace R2 (sorry R2) with a pic of my new car......can...not...wait....!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Only 3.5 weeks to go........eeeek!!

• Like 1

i went from a 2009 1.25 82ps fiesta which i found really fun to drive and seemed to have quite a bit of power compared to similar cars, mine always seemed to pull away much quicker then friends etc.

I was deciding on a new fiesta in october 2015 and wasn't sure if i should stick with the 1.25l 82 or get a 1.0l 100ps ecoboost, I took an ecoboost for a test drive and was really surprised in how much better it was. In the end i went for the ecoboost 100ps and loved it, for me it has plenty of power and is really fun to drive, boost is always there when you need it and you won't struggle if you need to overtake people.

Thing I did notice though was that compared to my 1.25 the ecobosst didn't seem to handle dropping to second when turning into side roads and would struggle slightly. But 3500 miles later now the engine loosened up a bit its perfectly fine and I love it

Apparently the new 1.25l engines are really underpowered compared to what I used to drive, I haven't regretted getting the ecoboost 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback Jazman! I am so excited, the next few weeks are really going to drag!! My own car is going through a slow and final swan song so I need it to hold out a couple more weeks for the trade in. Flooded roads today thanks to storm Imogen were not my friend.....

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/02/2016 at 11:01 AM, Kateysan said:

Only 3.5 weeks to go........eeeek!!

must be close

• Like 1

Hi Kateysan,k

I've had a 1.0 Ecoboost (100bhp) for just under two years now. In general it has more than enough power, even for over taking on motorways. Although on the German autobahn (without speed limits) it can feel a bit weak in comparison to other cars so I am often more conservative when overtaking there. I really enjoy driving it, the fuel efficiency (as discussed elsewhere) is not as claimed and so far no problems at all. They are great value for money and fun to drive. If you can get a 12t6bhp go for it as the extra kick, but the 100bhp is more than adequate.

• 3 weeks later...

How did you get on with the new car?

I will never be going for anything under this now, theres power when i need it and its still a fun little car to drive.

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

• Like 2

On 29 February 2016 at 11:59 PM, Leezer said:

must be close

Finally picked her up today! So happy! 

On 19 March 2016 at 10:48 AM, JonnWhite said:

How did you get on with the new car?

I will never be going for anything under this now, theres power when i need it and its still a fun little car to drive.

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

Finally picked her up today. Can't stop staring at her from the window lol.

image.jpeg

I am like a proud mother 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

It's the cleanest it will ever be. Wasn't sure I'd made right choice on colour, a bit dull but to be fair the performance is the most important!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club