Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Square Sony Cd.usb Interface Modification Anyone Done This?

mr-venn

D DVD Players Radio USB interface modification Panel For Ford Focus 05-08

now its says on the add

This item is 100% brand new.(NOT FIT SONY 6000CD)

now mine is sony, but not 6000cd...

i messaged the seller in china i assume as thats where it would come from,

i said will this fit a the non 6000cd sony cd player.

and repeated, just the normal sony cd player,

i got a reply thank you sir ect

then no this will not fit sony 6000cd.... -_-

maybe my description wasnt that good of what i was meaning?...

--------

anyway im just wondering if anyone els could shed bit of light on that for me,

iv included picture in case you dont know what i mean by usb Interface Modification.

edit-photo may or may have not worked and now wont let me add it!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CD-DVD-Players-Radio-USB-interface-modification-Panel-For-Ford-Focus-05-08-B-/272070821681?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item3f58af4731:g:5l4AAOSw-jhUB0QG link incase,...

or if not basically insets next to the front and rear window heater buttons and plugs in to rear of cd player to allow usb to plug in...

also if you do have it does it work proper thats a questions im interested in knowing also? :)

thanks in advance

I think it's for aftermarket units with an USB socket on the back, not for the factory radios. Adding factory-style USB requires the newer Sony head units from around mid-2008 and the updated bluetooth module.

Indeed.

If you don't have usb just convert it into a powered socket for charging phones etc.

Look at my guides link (under my posts on a PC) for instructions.

Thanks for advise guys. Yeah sounds good that I'll check that out cheers stoney

This USB connection is for original Asian Focus MK2.5 radio's. Original Asian Ford radio's are completely different from the European Ford radio's. Most original Asian Focus MK2.5 radio's have a mini USB port at the back of the radio. This USB connection panel can be connected directly to these radio's.

A few Years ago I bought an original Asian Focus MK2.5 radio from eBay for testing purposes. The sound quality of these radio's is actually quite good (a lot better than the European 6000 CD). The language of these radio's can be set on Chinese or English. However unfortunately these radio's do not support the European Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system so I sold it again after a while.

This USB connection is for original Asian Focus MK2.5 radio's. Original Asian Ford radio's are completely different from the European Ford radio's. Most original Asian Focus MK2.5 radio's have a mini USB port at the back of the radio. This USB connection panel can be connected directly to these radio's.

A few Years ago I bought an original Asian Focus MK2.5 radio from Ebay for testing purposes. The sound quality of these radio's is actually quite good (a lot better than the European 6000 CD). The language of these radio's can be set on Chinese or English. However unfortunately these radio's do not support the European Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system so I sold it again after a while.

ahh fair one then, sounded good for a second still does half of it but yeah need Bluetooth headset.

thanks for the info sounds like a no go though...

may have to invest in aftermarket maybe seen some nice ones made for ford even comes up on screen "ford" may give it a shot.

• 3 weeks later...

56a50007e3ff9_ImageUploadedByFordOC14536

I have this fitted in mine and it works as usb music also but you need 2 other parts for it to work listed below it never lets me load videos up on site so cannot show it working but great bit of kit if you want to see video message me and I'll email it over works with quadlock stereos

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/141127994436

http://www.lookerscarparts.co.uk/product/USB_Music_Box_1746768

Sent from my iPod touch using Ford OC

24 minutes ago, Loonytaz said:

i have that head unit only in 1 disc version.how did you connect the usb to your head unit please ?

if you see links above ford made a usb music box its a straight plug and play easy job and easy stereo mod. its the lookers link

7 minutes ago, Loonytaz said:

if you see links above ford made a usb music box its a straight plug and play easy job and easy stereo mod. its the lookers link

i have usb and aux jack plug.so does that mean i have it ? what i want to do is use the usb like you have but not sure where to connect the usb to .

the usb music box connects to the back of the stereo you pull stereo out remove the wiring and then plug the wiring in between the music box its a 5 min job you don't need the othbits just the usb music box and then feed the cable to were you would like t

if you look at instructions I have loaded pictures up of shows how easy it is

ive got the square usb thingy,but how did you connect it to the music box ?they have different connectors

33 minutes ago, Loonytaz said:

check the link a little usb connector is all that's needed

ah i see.i thought you was conecting it straight to the box.

No just a lil convertor needed and all working fine loads on ST group have done this now easy mod and better than having to carry cd's around you can set 6 folders up on usb stick and load with playlists or even just artists

Sent from my iPod touch using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club