Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 3 Headlight Bulb Clips??

roper993

Just got some new h7r bulbs to work with my HID Kit, but there are no clips for the bulb to sit in, which means it falls out!

Does anyone know where to get some clips or have any idea how to keep the bulb in place?

Just got some new h7r bulbs to work with my hid kit, but there are no clips for the bulb to sit in, which means it falls out!

Does anyone know where to get some clips or have any idea how to keep the bulb in place?

Hi mate, I had the same problem. The clips for the MK2/MK2.5 fit the MK3 headlights.

These ones:

lrgscalefocusmain800.jpg

I got mine from redpowermotorsport.ie as someone had recommended me through Instagram. car-mod-shop sell them too but if you want to be sure you could always drop red power an email. Took 2 days for mine to arrive :)

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

• Like 1

I took a gamble an ordered these before of eBay, were like £6 .turns out it was a good lucky guess! Thought the fitment looked the same on mk3 as the mk2!

Cheers for the reassurance tho bud! ☺

• Like 1

I took a gamble an ordered these before of ebay, were like £6 .turns out it was a good lucky guess! Thought the fitment looked the same on mk3 as the mk2!

Cheers for the reassurance tho bud! ☺

Not a problem :)

Hi mate, I had the same problem. The clips for the MK2/MK2.5 fit the MK3 headlights.

These ones:

lrgscalefocusmain800.jpg

I got mine from redpowermotorsport.ie as someone had recommended me through Instagram. car-mod-shop sell them too but if you want to be sure you could always drop red power an email. Took 2 days for mine to arrive :)

How did you fit the clips? Mine dont seem to fit !

How did you fit the clips? Mine dont seem to fit !

Hard to explain on here: see the two curved-up legs ? They push/hold the bulb into place. There's two 'channels' to slide the clip onto the bottom two posts on the back of the reflector.

Sounds really confusing lol I'll try draw a pic.

Worst drawing ever but if you can imagine the blue is the bulb. The red arrow shows the channels I mentioned. There should be four 'posts' with the opening for the bulb, on the back of the reflector. The bottom two is where the 'channels' slide onto.

post-41109-145225757757_thumb.jpg

If this doesn't help I can take a pic of mine later on lol

Ive been looking for these for a mate for ages thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

Worst drawing ever but if you can imagine the blue is the bulb. The red arrow shows the channels I mentioned. There should be four 'posts' with the opening for the bulb, on the back of the reflector. The bottom two is where the 'channels' slide onto.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1452257576.831990.jpg

If this doesn't help I can take a pic of mine later on lol

The clip is completely different to the channel it needs to go in. I have a mk3.5 if that makes a difference as the lights are slightly different shape !

The clip is completely different to the channel it needs to go in. I have a mk3.5 if that makes a difference as the lights are slightly different shape !

Oh. They could be different then. Can you post a pic of the inside of your headlight?

I'll get one of mine soon.

Oh. They could be different then. Can you post a pic of the inside of your headlight?

I'll get one of mine soon.

I will do pal, busy tonight but will do one in morning.

Your new HID Kit have you still got Halogens in a reflector unit? or have you replaced the whole units? if not what bulbs are you using ????

I have a HID Kit in a reflector housing, just a normal headlight, but you have to get H7r bulbs as they have a reflective strip on them so they work on reflector units! Only problem is i cant find a clip to keep the bulb in so normal lights for time being ! :(

Your new HID kit have you still got Halogens in a reflector unit? or have you replaced the whole units? if not what bulbs are you using ????

I never had halogens to start pal!

Ahh I see! what focus do you have? it looked like you have a Zetec s which I thought came with halogens.

I have a zetec s bit they dont come with halogens! Think its only titanium and st ?

What HID Kit did you get? have you got the brand and how much did it cost - I HATE the yellow look I get from my bulbs so old school.

Theres no point buying a HID Kit yet mate as there is no way to keep the bulb in place as no clips have been made for it yet! Im in the process of trying to sort a 3d printer so i can make myself a clip. Only other option is to look for better bulbs, like orsam nightbreakers etc!

do they osrams produce a similar light effect to xenons?

Personally i dont think they do much! There better than the standard, abit more white. But ive had hid's in all my cars so im used to bright and blue, hence why im on a mission to get these clips sorted haha!

haha fair enough - what are you using at present the standard bulbs? just out of interest where did you order the kit from

Im using osram nightbreakers atm, pretty good , whiter but still yellowy!

Honestly im not sure haha! I had a kit i didnt use for like a year so used them, then bought 2 replacement h7r bulbs from hid direct which were £14 , the rest of the kit will probs be about £30/£40. When i bought my kit there was no h7r bulb out so they might have made a while kit with h7r already in it

the only kits I can find which seem legit are on HIDS4U circa £90-100 ....

• 1 year later...

Lets get a couple of things straight here as you seem to be confusing bulbs, and housings:

The titanium X comes with HID Xenon bulbs and projector housings as standard I believe. These are a D3S bulb.

There are NO LEGAL HID/XENON KITS that can be installed in HALOGEN lenses. If you have got H7 fittings with Xenon HID's, they are illegal, will cause dazzle, and will void your insurance.

This is a D3S genuine, HID bulb.

d3r_1.jpg

This is an illegal H7 HID conversion bulb

88786d1460912440-hid-h7-conversion-kit-b

And this is a normal, legal H7 bulb

481770220.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club