Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Starting Problem

J0n35y
聽Share

Hello help is what I need.... I have 2001 Ford Focus ghia x and it cranks over but won't start I have changed the coil pack and spark plugs and still nothing any help would much appreciated thanks

Is there a fuel problem anywhere + have you taken a plug out and ran it on 3 to see if there is a spark

Yes they all spark and fuel getting through. I was driving it all day Saturday and was fine then didn't go out Sunday then went to take kids school Monday and bam it wouldn't start 馃槨

Have you checked the battery? It might not have enough juice to ping the starter dog out

Yeah I have that on charge all night. Just don't know what else it could be

If the engine is cranking over as the OP states the starter motor pinion must be engaging with the flywheel

What colour are the spark plug tips & are they wet or dry ?

Sliver the colour when there new I think that's the colour but there new ones

If you have Spark and Fuel and the immobilser isnt having an issue then its most likely a sensor has failed on the engine.

Check for any fault codes and don't just go and change sensors for the fun of it. A sensor you should check are Crankshaft sensors etc.

Read any codes if it has any. I would also say you need to double check you have fuel and spark using a light and enough fuel pressure.

Regards

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club