Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whine In 1St And 2Nd Gear

djsubtronic

Hey guys, I've seen some similar posts on here relating to a slight whining noise when revving up in 1st and 2nd gear, but from what I read in the details/heard in videos did not quite match up to the kind of whine I've got.

You can hear it here: (Noise in question starts around 12 seconds in.)

It's quite slight, not exactly the same as in reverse, but there is a slight whine, which seems to disappear halfway up the revs in 2nd gear. If I remember correctly, I've heard this in previous older cars I had as well.

Just wondering if this is normal or should I get it looked at?

Hi

sounds perfectly normal to me,

If your concerned get the gearbox oil level checked.

Hope this helps

Jamie

Hi

sounds perfectly normal to me,

If your concerned get the gearbox oil level checked.

Hope this helps

Jamie

Cool thanks. I thought it was normal, been driving around with it for nearly a year without giving it a thought. But I came across some threads the other day (not Ford Focus) relating to whining noises and failing transmissions/gears, which got me a little concerned, so wanted to make sure. :)

• Like 1

Do you have any trouble selecting gears. Either stationary or on the move,

:-) Glad to have helped you

Jamie

Do you have any trouble selecting gears. Either stationary or on the move,

:-) Glad to have helped you

Jamie

Nope, the gear changes are smooth enough. Although going into 1st while the car is still in motion (slowing down, holding the clutch down) can sometimes feel a bit stiff. I might get the transmission fluid looked at anyway just for peace of mind.

• Like 1

My focus is the same way whines in first and second then third it's away. I've not had any issues with it just the fact I notice now annoys me haha

• Like 1

You should try driving a 1974 mg midget (1275 chrome bumpers)

No syncromesh in 1st or revere

1st wines like mad (normal)

2nd not so much lol hehehe

as long as its not Banging or scraping

Jamie

As I've mentioned before alot of issues with cranksensors coming loose and touching flywheel usually after a oil change.

• 3 years later...

I have exactly the same noise, and I've been also looking for videos of mu engine to try to see if this is normal or not. Mechanics doesn't found any problem, but if you look for videos, all of them says this is an input shaft problem in the gear box. Mi car is a 1.6 ti-vct 125 hp from 2015.....I have exactly the same noise, and I've been also looking for videos of mu engine to try to see if this is normal or not. Mechanics doesn't found any problem, but if you look for videos, all of them says this is an input shaft problem in the gear box. Mi car is a 1.6 ti-vct 125 hp from 2015..... Also whine noise in first, second and third is gone... but very loud when retaining.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club