Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Lx Td Di - 2001 - 51 Reg

frankieboy67

i posted a thread on here yesterday regarding not being able to open the tailgate on my focus & was given advice to check the wiring where it goes through the tailgate itself - only one problem there, i cant actually open the tailgate as it wont unlock either from the key/central locking or from the button on the dashboard ... is there a way to unlock the tailgate from inside the car ??? ... if there is i suspect i`ll have to remove the interior trim panel from the inside of the tailgate to gain access to the lock mechanism ?????? ... Please, any advice on this would be very much appreciated ... thyankyou

I think you may have to climb thru the back seats to take off trim to get to the lock, can you put the key in and turn it at all?

i can put the key in yes but its not operating the lock at all ... i`ve ordered a replacement tailgate lock off eBay thats got a key with it so i won`t have to faf about changing the lock barrel over ... i just need to know how to release the lock itself so that i can remove the old lock mechanism ???

you can get the lock barrel rebuilt on line so you dont end up with different keys

thankyou for that bud ... having 2 different keys doesn`t really bother me tbh so i`m gonna go with the lock i`ve ordered off eBay ... will keep you posted ...

did you get in to the hatch back after all :)

not tackled it yet bud. having a lazy day today lol ... with let you know when i`ve `attempted` it

dont blame you its to cold to do anything :)

will the car pass its MOT if the tailgate cant be unlocked ? ... its been a while since i last owned a car hence so many questions hehe ...

cant see why not they never open mine in the mot :)

not to sure if they will fail or pass it but I thought they have to open tailgate to check the spare

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club