Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Alfa Gt Jtd

Michael9

I got one last week the 1.9 it's good to drive and very comfy, says in the paperwork it's been mapped but doesn't say to what power. I don't know what to do with the focus as I can't run 2. Only thing is being a coupe I'm not used to 2 doors.

Anyone had an Alfa what did you think

Well you obviously bought the Alfa for a reason so surely the Focus would be the car to go?

Not really it was bought on a whim as the guy needed money quick and got deal i would have been stupid to let go.

Not really it was bought on a whim as the guy needed money quick and got deal i would have been stupid to let go.

I see. Well, if you can't keep both then you're going to have to decide yourself what you want to keep. I've been in that situation before myself, but it is subjective so I couldn't "tell" you what to do unfortunately.

What I would say is to maybe use the Alfa for a whole week doing your day-to-day driving (going to work, shopping, leisure etc...) and then do the same with the Focus and hopefully then you'll know which one you prefer.

Easy....I prefer the Alfa hands down but 2 doors is a pain.

Easy....I prefer the Alfa hands down but 2 doors is a pain.

I hate 3-door vehicles so know exactly what you mean, but you've got to think - how often will you need to access the rear? Do you often carry more than 1 passenger?

If so, then the Focus will be the best practical option, but if it is only you or you and 1 passenger in the car, then maybe the occasional inconvenience of only having 3 doors is surmountable?

Keep the Alfa and tidy it up, like really tidy it up and it'll be worth loads in years to come. + your not a true petrolhead until you've had an Alfa, Seriously though, Sorn the Alfa and have it as a project car, full resto job

Keep the Alfa and tidy it up, like really tidy it up and it'll be worth loads in years to come. + your not a true petrolhead until you've had an Alfa, Seriously though, Sorn the Alfa and have it as a project car, full resto job

Technically you cannot literally be a "petrol head" with a JTD... :lol:

• Like 3

Okay then lol. Your not a true dieselhead until you've had an Alfa Romeo DIESEL!

Okay then lol. Your not a true dieselhead until you've had an Alfa Romeo DIESEL!

That's better ;)

• Like 1

Forgot to say....it's the 1.9 jtd

There's nothing wrong with it that 2 front drop links won't fix (so the mechanic I use said), mot till Aug, drives great

Forgot to say....it's the 1.9 jtd

There's nothing wrong with it that 2 front drop links won't fix (so the mechanic I use said), mot till Aug, drives great

You did say it was a 1.9 JTD, don't worry.

At the least get the drop links changed and then if you do sell it you can do so without any reason for the buyer to knock the price down.

That's true....although being harder suspension than what I'm used, I do like it so if I can put up with that I will be happy and the focus will be sold :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club