Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Anyone Identify My Ford Focus?

IdriveAtoB

Hi All

I'm new to your forum and would like assistance identifying my vehicle for insurance purposes. I guessed and went for Ford Focus Ghia (100) 1596cc as this matched the Model and Year (05/55). Insurance sites and Halfords etc do not recognise the vehicle registration number so I must enter manually the vehicle spec.

I wrote to DVLA to have V5 checked but never received a reply!?

The V5 is incomplete and states:

Make: Ford

Type: Variant - HXD1S & Version - SABALD

Model: (No information entered in this field)

Body: 5 Door Hatch

CC: 1596

Fuel: Petrol

I'd be grateful for any information and a method to have V5 updated as I'd hate to have an accident and then find I'm not insured albeit unlikely.

Many Thanks

Many thanks for the sppedy reply :)

Registration Number does not return results but VIN number does.

The vehicle is badged Focus Ghia so I assume it's known simply as a Ford Focus 05/55 and the Ghia part is not required!?

Primary Features
Build Date: 08.07.2005 Vehicle Line: Focus 04-08/Focus C-MAX 03-07 Body Style: 5 Door Saloon Version: Series 35 Engine: 1.6L Zetec-S PFI VCT (115PS) Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5 Drive: RHD FWD Emission: Stage IV Emissions Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning Territory: (+)"GB" Paint: Moondust Silver (Metallic) Interior Fabric: Cubical / Dark Flint

Do you know if it's an import ?

Edit : It's not.

Edited by MONDEO TXS 2.2
  • Like 1

Ghia is just the trim & equipment specification

• Like 1

05 / 55 normally means it's a late 2005 model - with 55 plates - earlier ones would be 2005 with 05 plates

• Like 2

Yeah RHD but no idea if an import the first reg is dated 02 09 2005 which is about correct based on the VIN number info above.

Edit: Ah thanks didn't know Ghia was merely the trim.

So . . . it's an 5 door 2005 Focus 1.6 Ghia manual petrol :)

• Like 1

Maybe not important but I notice the engine number section on V5 states .. Engine Number: NOT KNOWN

I purchased from a Dealer so assume it's legit.

Edit: Ah ok it's a 2005 Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia petrol THANKS

Can I have DVLA update V5 so I can get insurance on price comparison web sites? When I initally insured it was a minefield as insurers said they couldn't identify my vehicle most said it was a C-Max) in the end I stayed with current insurer and told them it was a Ford Focus Ghia (100) 1.6 which I guess is correct.

Thanks folks I should have come here 6 months ago and saved myself some headaches.

Maybe not important but I notice the engine number section on V5 states .. Engine Number: NOT KNOWN

Unknown engine numbers are commonplace - unless you suspect it's had a transplant at some point, no need for concern

Hi

Is the engine number at the end of the vin ?

Jamie

No such thing as an engine number anymore. But as James pointed out the dvla use the end of vin number as engine number on v5.

• Like 1

Its not a 100bhp from ure info its a 115 bhp Ti vct so ure insurance is invalid

• Like 1

Also if the reg isn't coming up its not on the dvla database which needs more investigating call the dealer and find out what is going on

• Like 2

Edit: Ah ok it's a 2005 Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia petrol THANKS

Can I have DVLA update V5 so I can get insurance on price comparison web sites? When I initally insured it was a minefield as insurers said they couldn't identify my vehicle most said it was a C-Max) in the end I stayed with current insurer and told them it was a Ford Focus Ghia (100) 1.6 which I guess is correct.

Thanks folks I should have come here 6 months ago and saved myself some headaches.

To update the V5 you will need written confirmation from ford motor company, which they do provide free of charge.

They send out a letter to you which you forward onto the DVLA with your current V5 And you will receive a new one back :)

• Like 1

Thanks again people :)

So engine number not an issue.

A little concerned my current insurance may be invalid but I'll need live with that for now.

The dealer was hopeless and stated sold as seen as he had no further info about V5, DVLA and Reg Number however I can check DVLA site with only Reg Number and it tells me the vehicle is Taxed and MOT'd!?

I guess I'll contact Ford and ask them to identify the vehicle to have V5 updated. I did write to DVLA to check first Registration of vehicle but they didn't reply.

Ta

• 2 years later...
On 1/10/2016 at 9:38 PM, artscot79 said:

its a 115 bhp Ti vct so ure insurance is invalid

Well as it's an old car I didn't bother with DVLA but this year I'll insure as a 115BHP TI VCT 🙂

Thanks