Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Interior Light!

Scott.D

I have upgraded the bulb to an LED and works great! However, when I shut my doors it's meant to go off but it stays on but only very dim! I keep it off at the switch incase it runs down my battery!

Any ideas? Please help! Thanks!!:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using the Ford OC app.

I have upgraded the bulb to an LED and works great! However, when I shut my doors it's meant to go off but it stays on but only very dim! I keep it off at the switch incase it runs down my battery!

Any ideas? Please help! Thanks!! :)

Are you talking about an LED inside the map light (Above your head?)

Some LED's may glow dimly, however I believe if you lock your car (and its still dim) it will eventually go off as technically there should be no power to it? (Some LED's do stay on very dim).

Although I would wait for another reply, I presume it should go off within a reasonable amount of time.

It will still glow. This is because the interior light works of a switched earth, meaning there is always power going to it!

You need to order a "canbus" interior light. Your car doesn't have canbus, but the resistor in the bulb will stop the glow :)

Ah brilliant, thanks for clearing that up guys!

Do you know which bulb it is? Like size? And would it be Led?

Yes it would be LED. I believe it's 42mm festoon?

The reason the Led glows & the filament doesnt, is because the filament has a higher resistance than the LED.

The car has a power saving relay fitted. it switches off anything it can to save power. So after 20minutes of your vehicle being locked, all unnecessary circuits will be switched off (including the Interior light).

In addition to this, Your interior light will go off After 10minutes if it's on due to a door being open

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Ahh I see!! So I could keep it as it is and it should be fine? Or would I need a festoon 42mm bulb?

You could leave it as it is, yes.

But in my opinion it looks rubbish (my car used to do it).

Just spent £2 on a canbus LED and problem solved

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Right so il get a canbus led bulb and it should be 42mm right?

Thanks for your help!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club