Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indicators Not Flashing When Locking

Markb55

Hi,

I have been working under the bonnet, but now when I double lock the car the indicators dont flash, they do when you unlock but not when you lock. The bonnet is closing properly, just wondered if their is anything else to try.

Thanks for any help

Sounds like it is your bonnet switch, perhaps the car thinks that the bonnet is open which would explain why the lights only flash on opening. Does your dash tell you the bonnet is open?

Could be you disconnected it while working under the bonnet, Do as James said and check the switch itself, and check if the car says the bonnet is open.

Hi, thanks for the replys, I managed to find the fault, the boot was not locking, all sorted now.

Thanks

• 3 years later...

I have the same issue, although when I'm in the car and driving, it tells me the bonnet is open. It's not. It's properly sealed. Is there a faulty switch, or how can I test/ find out the issue?

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem, I already checked the hood, everything is closed. but does not flash when locking the car. Can someone help me? please.

as std on a Mk 2.5 a single press of the key fob operates the the basic locking

a double press activates the double locking (stopping interior handles opening the door, after they smash the window), from memory the double locking flashes the indicators the single locking doesn't !

you can I belive, enable double locking from one press using a cable and the eml config tool from our Russian friends

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Botus said:

as std on a Mk 2.5 a single press of the key fob operates the the basic locking

a double press activates the double locking (stopping interior handles opening the door, after they smash the window), from memory the double locking flashes the indicators the single locking doesn't !

you can I belive, enable double locking from one press using a cable and the eml config tool from our Russian friends

I know this is a 4 year old thread, but from the first post, I don't believe not using 'double locking' is the issue... Now, I'm interested in the 'Russian' solution as I would love to press my keyfob just the once and get a indicator reaction!

• 2 weeks later...

That's great! I'm leaving my car in for a service next week, so will see if 'my man' can activate that for me. (Of course, probably won't work on my ancient Mk2). By the way, why is it called the 'Russian' solution?

simon reeve on BBC did a good series about Russia about a year ago.... it is so vast and so rugged without being able to diagnose and fix an issue on your car it may be life threatening / they also see little need to make a corporate monster even wealthier, so using skills and ingenuity they built their own diagnostic app eml config at civil.iffc.ru

most owners installing cruise control or phone modules use his free tool to do it

the picture above is a screenshort of one tiny bit you can play with

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b096sbzx/russia-with-simon-reeve

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club