Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Powershift 1.0 Or 1.6

Steve92

I'm thinking of picking up a fiesta with powershift I know there have been reported issues with the powershift transmission and by all accounts it affects the 1.6 more than the 1.0 and that its oil seals that cause the problems.

I have driven a manual 1.0 but not the 1.6, but for those of you that own either or have driven both what one do you prefer and why.

There are more 1.6's available and they are quite a bit cheaper but is it worth paying extra ? I'm looking at 2014/5 models.

Before the stampede of Powershift haters arrive, I have the 1.0 Powershift and I think it's great. Smooth changes, behaves well, knock it into sport mode if you need a quicker response for overtaking.

When I first got it I thought it was a little jerky and difficult to control at low speed (like in a car park), but actually that was just my heavy right foot! Now I'm used to it that's no longer an issue - the accelerator is very sensitive, some see that as a bad thing, some as a good thing - for me I like it because it gives me an immediate response. Basically if you have clumsy feet it's not for you, because you'll just complain about jerkiness.

I've never driven the 1.6 to compare unfortunately, but I have no complaints about my Powershift. There are some well documented issues with earlier Powershift models, but I'm not convinced it's that wide spread, it's just people are far more likely to post on a forum when something has gone wrong so you get a focussed hub of complainers. Just make sure you test drive any you're interested in, especially at low speed. It doesn't suit everyone's driving style, so just make sure it suits yours.

• Like 1

It's for the wife so providing she is happy then that's all that counts. I've driven a few autos and for smoothness I don't think you can beat a torque converter box rather than the dsg style, if you want to try smooth at low speed it's best you avoid the dct box as found in the BMW M series cars

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly picked up a 2014 1.0 titanium with 4000 miles on the clock for £9150 but still undecided on 1.6 or 1.0. Anyone got the 1.6 ?

What a shame, Traded mine in yesterday for a toyota hybrid estate as i needed a bigger car. It was immaculate 64 plate 1.0L Titanium x with body kit a Zetec s grills. Advertised it on here but no response. I didn't have any of the issues others had, it wasn't perfect but still pleasant enough to drive. Saying that the Hybrid Toyota Auris i have bought is a revelation. Fully auto petrol hybrid size of a mondeo but returning over 60mpg and zero tax and got every extra i could think of as standard..

• Like 1

That's a shame, did you get 10k for it as a px ? What wasn't perfect about it ? I'm getting nagged by the wife because the clutch is to heavy in my cooper s clubman and the corsa is too slow. I nearly looked at the Yaris but they day we went all the salesman were loitering around the door ready to pounce !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club