Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Climate Control...do You Use It?

jace1969

Do you use your climate as it should be used and how to get the best out of it.

I have had 2 cars with it but never used it as it should be used.

I just turned it off Auto and use Hot onto front screen only to clear screen

with side vents only open ( not middle) to clear side windows a bit faster.

And of course Heated screen if needed.

I used to find it too aggressive on my old Fiesta so didn't use it.

I do tend to use it most of the time on my Focus though.

i use it all the time but what i do is press the autofan thing then set the temp then click the AC so the ac is actually off so im not wasting too much petrol so it keeps car at these temps without AC but i do use AC button when starting car in mornings that are vary cold :)

Climate control & basic A/C are two very different things

• Like 3

I use my Climate Control all the time. Set to 21 and just leave it to do it's thing. Works great for me.

• Like 3

Climate control & basic A/C are two very different things

what you mean bud?

i have the EATC isnt that climate control?

I use mine all the time. In summer 18 deg with AC on, in winter 22 deg with AC off. Works a treat.

Used to use mine all the time on Eco setting in the Golf (basically controls it with fans speed rather than AC). Used to use it all the time in the Vectra as well. Even used to have the primitive 'climate' in the 90's 306s!!

Just have rubbish manual air con in the Focus which has only 2 settings - 'arctic' or 'equator' with nothing in between. <_< Why they didn't fit climate as standard to Titaniums in 2008 I really don't know. :(

• Like 2

I've always found Fords to be very efficient with heating and ventilation, and personally, I wouldn't buy a car without Climate.

• Like 2

So to be a bit thick on this as i never use it if i just turn the AUTO fan on (light on) the set temp say 22 is that it.

When cold hot air until temp then AC kicks in if to hot,i like the direction on the front screen so can I set that

with the climate on and how do I go about leaving the AC off as some say on here because of winter.

Not quite about climate control, more about the heated seats. . . Anyone else turn theirs on, nothing for 30 minutes and then POWWW! Your !Removed! is burning up big time! ?

• Like 1

I rarely use my heated seats due to short journeys.

Mine comes on gently though, slight feeling of peeing oneself so unless the leather is REALLY cold and I'm going on a longer journey I don't use them, lol.

• Like 1

Heated & cooled seats in the TXS almost instant effect & cooled is good when the rare hot day comes round :)

Heated in the Focus quick enough too

You've got to use AC or climate control regularly to keep the system in good working order. And as for fuel use, your talking about 0.3l / hour. Just get it on and save yourself the hassle of adjusting the controls and re-charging your system when it no longer works

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You're all too technical for me. . . all I know is

"It's cold out, set to 23. . . It's warm out, AC on"

Ac should be used all year.

Helps to demist and lubricates the system to prevent leaks.

• Like 4

Ac should be used all year.

Helps to demist and lubricates the system to prevent leaks.

Does it not make the car cold though in winter? I guess adjusting the heat eradicates that?

In winter the ac is used as a condenser so the moisture is condensed out of the air and heated so the air you have entering the car is nice and dry.

That's why when you hit max demist or have blowers only on windscreen it turns ac on automatically.

• Like 4

So to be a bit thick on this as i never use it if i just turn the AUTO fan on (light on) the set temp say 22 is that it.

When cold hot air until temp then AC kicks in if to hot,i like the direction on the front screen so can I set that

with the climate on and how do I go about leaving the AC off as some say on here because of winter.

The problem with leaving it on windscreen setting is that that will always trigger the AC as it assumes you want to demist the screen. I don't like getting blown in the face either (careful Wes :P ) so keep mine set on feet and screen, same effect but without triggering the AC all the time.

Not quite about climate control, more about the heated seats. . . Anyone else turn theirs on, nothing for 30 minutes and then POWWW! Your !Removed! is burning up big time! ?

Never left mine on that long. I find they aren't brilliant in the 2.5 Focus, just a little strip across your backside that's barely luke warm after 5 minutes. I find a !Removed! to be more effective, long as that's all it is! ;)

Edit - Ok, whos offended by 'trump' for it to be removed!? :lol:

• Like 1

I use my auto climate control all the time, it's set to 23.5 , and if it gets a bit warm I'll turn it down (rare).

Having full leather seats in my TX I can also assure you that even for the shortest journey - heated seats are used :lol:

• Like 1

I put mine on MONO and usually have it around 25 this weather pointed at feet and windscreen. Never use AUTO.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

Oh and I should add my heated seats work fine, after a few moments - toasty rear and lower back :d

BTW what's mono? Do you mean manual?

Oh and I should add my heated seats work fine, after a few moments - toasty rear and lower back :d

BTW what's mono? Do you mean manual?

If you press and hold AUTO it switches to MONO mode meaning that the temp for both passenger and driver is the same and is controlled from driver side.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

Only on cars with dual zone does mono exist. Like focus. Dont think fiesta has it.

• Like 2

I use my retrofitted heated seats on pretty much every journey at the minute. Air conditioning is used on particularly humid or warm days. I use it multiple times a week to keep the system tip top

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club