Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Steering Wheel

sstef

Hello

I have a mk2.5 focus with the 4spoke wheel with the silver trims. My wheel is the plastic one and i want to get a leather cover like this.

To place the cover i have to take out this plastic silver trims from the wheel.

i try to loose them but they are glued very well and if i force them little more they will break.

Is there a way these trims to come off from my steering wheel without breaking them?

This trims have clips or they are just glued on the wheel?

thanks

just give them a pull upwards they should come off they are not glued in :)

Definitely not glued in but they are held with small tabs.

I replaced mine (3 spoke) with carbon effect ones that looked very good.

There are ones for 4 spoke available-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEERING-WHEEL-TRIM-INSERT-For-FORD-FOCUS-Stainless-Steel-st-rs-tdci-mk-fsw-/251745660983?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFocus&var=&hash=item3a9d35f037:m:mJ4G3l6giYVdRxBiGJpb0dg

• Like 1

thank you for your answers

I have order the cover and when it comes i try to pull them up with more strength.

and if they break i will buy some from eBay like the link Stoney give

they wont break the quite tough :)

Ooh this is a nice cover, I want one! Is Aliexpress safe to buy from? I've heard mixed things about that site.

I ordered items from the AliExpress website several times without any problems. Good prices and fast delivery. I even prefer AliExpress over eBay. I use my crecitcard to pay on AliExpress. This way I have the buyers protection coverage of my credit card company.

Most eBay sellers do only accept PayPal and no credit cards. I have very bad experiences with PayPal. A lot of money was transferred from my account to an unknown company without my knowledge/permission. Paypal rejected my complaints and said they had prove that I transferred the money myself. However after I asked for any evicence of this they did no longer respond. I wrote several Emails to them but they never responded on any of them.I immediately asked my bank/credit card company to retrieve the money back from PayPal which they did. Afterwards Paypal tried to transfer the money from my bank account to my PayPal account for 4 more times but because my bank blocked all possible payments to PayPal these transfers were rejected. After 6 Months i finally spoke to a PayPal employee at the telephone who confirmed I was right and they did not have any proof that I transfeerd the money.

After these bad experiences I do not longer use PayPal. Currently I only use my credit card for online transactions. My credit card has a much better buyer protection coverage than paypal.

i use pay pal and never had any problems with them :)

thank you for your answers

I have order the cover and when it comes i try to pull them up with more strength.

and if they break i will buy some from ebay like the link Stoney give

Would much appreciate if you updated this thread when the steering cover arrives. Would be interested to know how long the delivery took and whether the quality of the product is as good as the pictures suggest. Maybe if you can be bothered, a little fitting guide with some pics :) I'm quite keen to get one myself.

Would much appreciate if you updated this thread when the steering cover arrives. Would be interested to know how long the delivery took and whether the quality of the product is as good as the pictures suggest. Maybe if you can be bothered, a little fitting guide with some pics :) I'm quite keen to get one myself.

ok

i will tell you the news just i received it

Hello again

I received the steering wheel cover and i am very disappointed.

first of all it is not real leather. It is a cheap pu leather. 

and the seller send me a cover that is for a 4 spoke wheel without the silver trims(like the left picture).

My wheel is with that silver trims and the appropriate cover had to be like the picture at the right.

Before i buy it i had a conversation with the seller. He confirm that is real leather. At the pictures had 3 covers, one for the 3 spoke wheel, one for the 4 spoke wheel without the silver trims and one for the 4spoke wheel with the trims. I emphasized that my wheel is with the silver trims and furthermore he ask me to sent a picture of my steering wheel to choose the appropriate cover for me.

Now he persist that is real leather and this cover is for my steering wheel

I am from greece and we have capital controls so i was not able to pay him with the aliexpress pay methods so i pay him with paypal.

I open a dispute at paypal and i ask for a refund because the seller is dishonest and he deceived me. The paypal close the dispute and say that i have to pay the shipping costs to return the cover and then refund me. The cover cost 16.60$ and the returning shipping cost is 8-9$.

this was my second purchase from aliexpress. My first was before 2  years. I buy the cruise control switch for my car and everything was ok.

So do not buy like me from sellers that sell things cheap and  read the reviews. 

I buy the cheapest cover that i found from this seller please avoid him. When i buy it, it costs 15.90$ and now it cost 23.11$. I pay and the paypals fees so the total costs was 16.60$  He has no good feedback and no reviews for the cover. I am very sorry that i can not write a review and to leave negative feedback because i do not pay him with aliexpess methods.

The are sellers which sells steering wheel  covers and at the reviews the buyers saying that the cover is real leather. if you want a cover find this sellers.

I dont decide yet if i will place the cover to my wheel or i return it. i believe that the summer sun burn the cover soon.

Here is a link from china's youtube how to place the cover.

The only possitive thing from this purchase is that the shipping was very fast.I get it 15 days after i pay. He sent me with china post register mail.

cover.jpg

I got one from the seller you linked in the OP - it seemed to have good reviews for the product as well. I'll report back once it arrives.

23 hours ago, djsubtronic said:

I got one from the seller you linked in the OP - it seemed to have good reviews for the product as well. I'll report back once it arrives.

I hope your cover will be ok

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

So, mine has arrived today. I'm pretty sure it's not real leather, however it feels nice, as a normal sportscar "leather" steering would. The stitching is perfect.

Here's a pic, @sstef how does this compare to the one you got?

IMG_0621.JPG

Hello

Finally I decided to keep the cover.

Yesterday I put it to the steering wheel.

The whole process took me 7 hours.  I had to remove the silver trims , the airbag and the cruise control buttons before I stitch the cover. Then to put them all back.

The silver trims have 3 tabs. I pull them. One of the 3 tabs of every silver trim teared  a little the wheel. I did not understand how to remove them without tear the wheel. Luckily  it is not a problem because the trims jam again to the wheel.

The reason that It took me so much time is that I did not like the stitching at the photos of the seller and I choose a stitching with 2 threads making a X.  thread.thumb.jpg.f9eb3ee36cd7faa37a4b9f8

I am quite pleased with the result

wheel.thumb.jpg.b93c6f09b7ea56e2b127dae5

wheel2.thumb.jpg.5de9b0b08f5aba6d5830111 I did not make it to stretch the cover at the spokes. All the spokes have a little gap at the corner.I donot know if is my fault at stitching or the cover is too big at this point. i hope not to be  bigger with the time. Especially the upper right spoke have a big gap as you see at the second picture the cover is raised.  I start stitching from that spoke and i did not stretch it enough. Someday i will remove the silver trim and try to stretch it, i hope to manage it.

The wheel it becomes thicker and that is a nice feeling but it becomes more slippery.

djsubtronic is quite difficult to put the cover so choose a day you have not anything to do.  

I thing that your cover is like mine. Neither yours is for a wheel with silver trims. I believe that if the cover is for the wheel with that trims there will not be a gap at the corners and you will put it more easily. When i buy something i want to get exactly what i order and if the seller say to me that is real leather i except to get real leather and no fraux leather.

the only advice i have is to stretch the cover as you can and especially at the corners of the spokes. 

Hey that looks good! Thanks for the tips, I will probably give it a go next week sometime. 

@sstef I wanted to ask, why did you dismantle the entire steering wheel. Can it not be sewed on simply by removing the silver trim? My steering wheel is actually 3-spoke so it's a bit different, but by removing the silver trim I appear to have full access to all the stitching and no other removal is required.

1 hour ago, djsubtronic said:

@sstef I wanted to ask, why did you dismantle the entire steering wheel. Can it not be sewed on simply by removing the silver trim? My steering wheel is actually 3-spoke so it's a bit different, but by removing the silver trim I appear to have full access to all the stitching and no other removal is required.

you are right

I had put cruise control buttons to my steering wheel. So i had to remove these buttons and to remove them i had to take of the airbag.

if your wheel is the 3-spoke you do not have to remove anything except the silver trims

• Like 1

Finally got around to doing mine. Took about 2 hours.

IMG_20160213_145341.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/13/2016 at 5:04 PM, djsubtronic said:

Finally got around to doing mine. Took about 2 hours.

IMG_20160213_145341.jpg

nice job 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. More than the appearance, it feels so much nicer! It's made driving an already fun car even more fun!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club