Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Top Mount Mk6 1.4 Tdci

millhouse

Weather permitting I'm going to change my rear shocks and top mounts as I think it's them causing the weird noise

Any tips changing them ?

From the wheel arch, remove the 2 upper bolts and the lower bolt on the shock and the shock/mount assembly will drop out. Can't remember the sizes but it's not a difficult job.

The rear shocks are held on with 1 13mm bolt at the top, under the boot carpet (long reach socket required)

Jack the car up, support the rear subframe and undo the horizontal bolts 1 at either side,

The shock is now free.

Kieran from what I can remember the mount is held on as I described? Remove the nut from inside the car will only drop the shock.

• Like 1

I was half way through removing my shocks the other day when I ran out of time, but I wasn't even aware the mount was removable on the rear?

Yup, same setup as the focus.. Mount looks like this. Using a socket from the inside to remove the shock is fine, until the shock shaft starts spinning lol.

post-3200-0-72598200-1453062496_thumb.jp

I know what you're talking about now

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Kieran from what I can remember the mount is held on as I described? Remove the nut from inside the car will only drop the shock.

Spot on, 2 bolts hold top mount, 25nm, and bottom bolt 115nm.
  • Like 2

Spot on, 2 bolts hold top mount, 25nm, and bottom bolt 115nm.

Torque figures Ian, I've no idea what they are haha.

• Like 1

I've noted them down as I recently became a real man and bought a torque wrench

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I've noted them down as I recently became a real man and bought a torque wrench

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Oh no :lol: hope your going to keep it calibrated then haha

Oh no [emoji38] hope your going to keep it calibrated then haha

I'll break it before that time comes

• Like 1

Your a gun it up until its F.T. lol

Your a gun it up until its F.T. lol

Haha! Wondered why they give Nm or 'FT' lb :lol:

• Like 1

I'll break it before that time comes

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Have you gone for anything specific?

Have you gone for anything specific?

Its just a Halfords advanced torque wrench

Its just a halfords advanced torque wrench

Had mine a couple of years now, 3/8 and 1/2. I believe they could be made by Sykes pickavant.

• Like 1

I only have a 1/2 wrench.

I got the largest Halfords advanced tool set for my birthday too

• Like 1

I only have a 1/2 wrench.

I got the largest Halfords advanced tool set for my birthday too

The only thing I can really pick bones with in the Halfords range is there 12 point sockets!!

• Like 1

The only thing I can really pick bones with in the halfords range is there 12 point sockets!!

I know! Luckily there's a few impact sockets in there

Nothing wrong with the Halfords advanced and professional tool range, and there's never an issue with replacements if tool breaks.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with the halfords advanced and professional tool range, and there's never an issue with replacements if tool breaks.

They're great

• Like 1

I don't understand though why they still insist on 12 point sockets, I don't even think they have a range of 6 point ones in 3/8 or 1/2 drive?

• Like 1

The impact sockets are 6 point,, haven't looked into the rest of the range

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club