Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about Mk7 Fiesta

dsa777

Hi,

New to the forum, joined because I'm very close to ordering a Mk7 Fiesta.

Would like to ask a couple of questions to make sure I'm doing the right thing....

I'm looking to order a 1.6 Petrol Titanium 5 dr in white. The intention is to add the X pack, blue tooth with usb and interior lighting pack 2.

My questions are about the options chosen and I'd appreciate any assistance.

Is the leather in the X pack different to the normal leather option, seen it described as ebony in one options list but cant see this in the brochure?

Also is the light pack 2 any good? Lighting, different gear knob and surround , cant find a picture.

Am I missing anything obvious, apart from the 140ps upgrade that I should consider adding?

Thanks for any replies and any pic links to help would be superb.

Hi,

New to the forum, joined because I'm very close to ordering a Mk7 Fiesta.

Would like to ask a couple of questions to make sure I'm doing the right thing....

I'm looking to order a 1.6 Petrol Titanium 5 dr in white. The intention is to add the X pack, blue tooth with usb and interior lighting pack 2.

My questions are about the options chosen and I'd appreciate any assistance.

Is the leather in the X pack different to the normal leather option, seen it described as ebony in one options list but cant see this in the brochure?

Also is the light pack 2 any good? Lighting, different gear knob and surround , cant find a picture.

Am I missing anything obvious, apart from the 140ps upgrade that I should consider adding?

Thanks for any replies and any pic links to help would be superb.

Good evening dsa and welcome aboard.

The leather in the X pack is as the brochure but you can specify the individual pack leather which is much more expensive and colour coded.

Don't bother with the lighting pack as the normal subdued lighting is enough.

As for the Mountune upgrade, well again this is personal but there are people on here who have spent a lot of money on this and are suffering intermittant power loss for which it would appear there is still no cure as yet.

Basically, you pay your money and take your choice---white's a top colour and whatever you decide I'm sure the car will look the business.

Good evening dsa and welcome aboard.

The leather in the X pack is as the brochure but you can specify the individual pack leather which is much more expensive and colour coded.

Don't bother with the lighting pack as the normal subdued lighting is enough.

As for the Mountune upgrade, well again this is personal but there are people on here who have spent a lot of money on this and are suffering intermittant power loss for which it would appear there is still no cure as yet.

Basically, you pay your money and take your choice---white's a top colour and whatever you decide I'm sure the car will look the business.

Thanks for the reply, is the leather grey or black, just want it to look right in a white car.

I'm going to pass on the 140ps upgrade , for now, especially after what i've read here.

The lighting pack i just fancied to give a bit of xtra as I'm downsizing from a car with more go and a lot of kit, wanted to make it feel a bit more special if that makes sense. A waste of money?

Would you add anything else instead?

The dress up option is always a gd place to start with the 17" wheels, front and back bumper skirts and spoiler.

The dress up option is always a gd place to start with the 17" wheels, front and back bumper skirts and spoiler.
Yes good option but would have to be dealer fit as you cant have the dress up kit factory fit on a five door.

And if you get it dealer fit I hope they make a better job of the paint than they did on mine!

I am taking my car back today for them to have another go at painting the rear spoiler.

Yes good option but would have to be dealer fit as you cant have the dress up kit factory fit on a five door.

And if you get it dealer fit I hope they make a better job of the paint than they did on mine!

I am taking my car back today for them to have another go at painting the rear spoiler.

I didnt think you could get the kit on a 5dr and also I'm not getting it from a dealer direct.The 2 ford dealers here are useless Never sure about aftermarket kit add ons.

The main thing I'm still confused on is the leather included in the x pack - black or grey and with what stitching?

There are pics of the Interior Pack 2 on the 'Members Rides' thread, taken by UKChris. I too have ordered the pack and had never seen pictures outside of the brochure. The ones UKChris has taken make it look good ;) .

There are pics of the Interior Pack 2 on the 'Members Rides' thread, taken by UKChris. I too have ordered the pack and had never seen pictures outside of the brochure. The ones UKChris has taken make it look good ;) .

Cheers for that I'll have a look.

I didnt think you could get the kit on a 5dr and also I'm not getting it from a dealer direct.The 2 ford dealers here are useless Never sure about aftermarket kit add ons.

The main thing I'm still confused on is the leather included in the x pack - black or grey and with what stitching?

mine came with grey,with white stitching had no choice in colour..

Oh one last thing dsa77 - I was told by my dealer that the X Pack was one with a markup - and he gave it to me for £710 so try to haggle for that too as what you save from that could go towards better paint (Squeeze of course) or part of the body kit because as a dealer fit option it is not cheap!

That's just my great photography skills with a mobile lol,

If you can spare the extra £250 ish, then yes i think it is worth it, but not an essential upgrade.

Thanks for the reply, is the leather grey or black, just want it to look right in a white car.

I'm going to pass on the 140ps upgrade , for now, especially after what i've read here.

The lighting pack i just fancied to give a bit of xtra as I'm downsizing from a car with more go and a lot of kit, wanted to make it feel a bit more special if that makes sense. A waste of money?

Would you add anything else instead?

The leather in mine is grey with white stitching which is quite smart.

I downsized from an Astra twintop with full leather interior and I find the standard leather to be very good quality.

The interior lighting pack is a personal choice; it will probably add a bit more ambiance to the interior but it's a personal thing.

You won't get the dress up kit unless it's a 3 door so that might be a non starter.

Chrome sill plates look nice and they are not dear--around fifty quid if I remember rightly.

Get your dealer to fit them when they PDI your car etc.

Whatever you do though, make sure you get bluetooth with USB--I made the mistake of not getting USB and you can't retro fit it.