Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winter Ford Magic!!!!!

sonic113

Just thought I'd pop in and say that winter seems to be here lol! But loving the heated front window on the focus the last few Mornings. The neighbourhood is all out with deicer and scrapers and I'm sitting in the focus with the heat on and the front heated window active. Definitely one of Ford's best gadgets on their cars.

Also we had pretty bad roads this Morning so it was the first really time I got to test the focus in snowy weather and besides having to turn if the esp it handled very very well. Some others where stuck getting up hills ect (vws, Honda,Audi ext) but the good old Ford was pulling past nicely in second gear with very little wheel slip which I was very impressed with.

I was thinking of getting some snow socks for the focus of the weather gets bad but so far I'm impressed with it. Great all round car. Top marks to Ford.

• Like 4

front heated window is great would not be without it good old ford :)

• Like 3

Must say I am loving the heated windscreen it was one of the reasons I went for the zetec climate. Mind you I put the front and rear on whilst scraping the sides saves so much time in the morning.

• Like 2

Yup, genius idea those windows, combined with the aux heater on the diesel and its toasty warm really quick. Its a shame they couldn't do the same with the rear window, those heater elements are utterly useless

• Like 1

my heater heats up the car very quick love it :)

• Like 1

I went for the smaller engine but more gadgets on mine so I have the luxury of the Heated Front Window, Seat and Steering Wheel...

People look at me strange when I get into my car with only a T-shirt on and it's -2 outside...

I have waited 6 months to get this cold weather haha

I'll have to admit, the front windscreen heater is brilliant, car was really frozen over yesterday morning when I went to leave work for breakfast, not even 30 seconds later I was driving off. + it heats up mega quickly

• Like 2

Yup, genius idea those windows, combined with the aux heater on the diesel and its toasty warm really quick. Its a shame they couldn't do the same with the rear window, those heater elements are utterly useless

my heater heats up the car very quick love it :)

Yeah I find that the heater in the my petrol focus heats up very fast as well so as well as the window cleared with the fast clear, the inside of the car is lovely and warm as well so the whole family is happy lol!:) I do wish they had the same elements in the rear window Dee but it does clear eventually just not as fast as the front.

Wait how are you all warming up the inside of the car so quickly? I love the front heated windscreen, but it still takes a good 5-10 minutes for the inside to get warmed up.

mines park off the road behind gates so i can leave it running but it take about 2 mins to warm up

There's a bit of exacteration

• Like 1

Ooooops. My tit x takes up to 2 mins whilst static to defrost the screens and the car blows warm air after 2 mins driving

. . . . . or even exaggeration :)

• Like 4

Couldn't agree more about how good the front windscreen heating is. There are many much more expensive and so called executive cars which don't have this feature. Had an Audi A5 which took longer to clear the screen than the length of the journey in winter, got so fed up with it and you have to put up with the blower fan noise when its set to max! This is certainly something I will be insisting on my next car.

well seeing as my previous car was a 2003 Mondeo 2.0 ghia, i decided that the heated windscreen was a must, as i didnt need a car as big as a monty, but didnt want to go as small as a fiesta, the focus was a natural choice, with a heated front screen of course..!

i just love the look as i drive out out the works car park after 12 hours nights and most ppl are still scraping the ice off. i do agree it would be nice to have the same element on the rear screen,but i guess at the time it would have been cost prohibitive

i believe ford has or had the patent on the heated front screen

I hate you all and my car. No heated front screen and a good 4 minutes of driving before any warm air comes out the blowers, scrapping ice off the cat and getting into a cold car and being sat waiting for the blowers to ever so slowly demist the windscreen isn't remotely fun :(

• Like 1

I hate you all and my car. No heated front screen and a good 4 minutes of driving before any warm air comes out the blowers, scrapping ice off the cat and getting into a cold car and being sat waiting for the blowers to ever so slowly demist the windscreen isn't remotely fun :(

I feel your pain, my last car, in fact my last car and my first 1(a van) both by vauxhall, christ. I used to drive 17 miles each way to work get to about 2 miles from work and you'd only just get warm air

I feel your pain, my last car, in fact my last car and my first 1(a van) both by vauxhall, christ. I used to drive 17 miles each way to work get to about 2 miles from work and you'd only just get warm air

Mine isn't that bad thankfully. I'm about 3-4 miles into my 7 mile commute before I get a real blast of hot air. Need to invest in some heated gloves I think.

My MK1 heated window works about double the speed on the passenger side than the driver side, it still clears the ice fairly quickly, useful trick, doesn't make much difference though as it takes 5 mins to demist the windows on the inside anyway...

This is my 1st winter with the PTC supplementary heater, my previous Focus, a 1.6 TDCI Style did not have the supplementary heater so took a ages to heat up. Also good to have the quick clear windscreen again, my 1st Focus had one, the Style didn't but this does, it was the one thing I really missed! :) .

patent has lapsed any car maker can use it with out paying ford money

I only have my first ford 6 weeks and didnt know about this feature, will have to check it out tomorrow

. . . . . or even exaggeration 

Thank TX. Damn predictive text got me again lol

• Like 1

Can leave my car running without keys (after a little mod) so as long as its on private land I can just leave it to defrost and warm up by itself :)

Not that you really need to though, bit of deicer to break through the ice on the windows, scrape it off and by the time that's done the cars defrosted!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club