Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Mk3 2.2Tdci Engine Not Getting Warm

Cordon

Hello,

I just bought a 2005 Ford Mondeo with 2.2 TDCI and its engine temperature doesn't rise above ~70 degrees mostly at the bottom on the temp gauge which is 60 degrees. Is there a problem with thermostat or something else? Are there many thermostats like BMW diesels have?

Happy driving! :driving:

Cordon

thermostat could be stuck open i would try a new one :)

Thanks for fast answers, are they hard to change? Which one i should start with or just change both? :)

Yup there's the main one for the radiator and a second one for the oil cooler. The one for the radiator is quite easy to change, 3 bolts hold the housing on if I remember correctly.

Okey, but the radiator one is it harder? Or which may cause the problem? The oil cooler one is near waterpump behind intake? :)

Change the radiator one first and it's easiest

Yup go for the radiator one first, it's most likely to have the biggest affect on the cooling system. 30 mins should do to change it and top up.

Should i go genuine Ford part or some else brand? Where is it located? Can't find any good pictures of it only oil cooler ones. You guys are really great help! :)

I do prefer genuine but it's up to you. Last time I bought a stat for a 1.8 focus from ford it wasn't expensive, so should be much the same.take the plastic cover off the engine, iirc it's on the gearbox end of the engine.

remember to get some antifreeze so you can top up coolant :)

• Like 1

I had the same problem on my mondeo last year and it was oil cooler thermostat, I went all the way to Nottingham from Manchester and it never went above 70 degrees. Think it was about £18 from main dealer.

It's something you could change yourself.

But like the others said its always worth changing the radiator thermostat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC