Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Main Beam Bulbs

carol06

this question has probably been asked loads of times but im new on here so here goes - looking at getting new main beam bulbs checked under bonnet and they say they are H15 but folk on here and internet say there H1 so iam a little confused can anyone tell me what ones i need to buy and are great for night time driving i have a fiesta 62 plate, thanx 4 any help

The H15 bulb doubles as the DRL and main beam. The H1 is a main beam bulb for Fiesta's with led drl's.

Hope this helps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx for feedback does it matter what one i get as i am no very clued up on these bulbs any help appreciated

The H15 bulb doubles as the DRL and main beam. The H1 is a main beam bulb for Fiesta's with led drl's.

Hope this helps...

Am I right in thinking that the H15 is in the outer "projector" unit and doubles as a 55W low (dipped) beam and a 15W output when the inner high (main) H1 55W (long distance) beam is on?

I'm confused as the owners hand book states; high beam is H15 - 55/15 w ; low beam H7 - 55W. Which I know is not true as the outer is the low beam and it is dual filament (or at least it stays on when the inner high beam is on).

The owners hand book also states that to change the bulbs you have to remove the headlight unit, is this correct?

It's easy to be confused with all the different bulbs and misleading handbooks.

The outer, projector light is the dipped beam. single filament H7. It does stay on when main beam is switched on.

The main beam as you say is H15. 55/15w.

You will find it easier to remove the headlight units to change the bulbs, especially for the n/s and to see how the bulbs are located. Easy enough job, 2 star head screws and the plastic locator at the front, Check handbook for diagram. remove wiring plug and grip firmly and give a tug upwards and slightly to the rear.

Don't touch the bulb glass with your bare hands, wear disposable gloves.

• Like 1

It's easy to be confused with all the different bulbs and misleading handbooks.

The outer, projector light is the dipped beam. single filament H7. It does stay on when main beam is switched on.

The main beam as you say is H15. 55/15w.

You will find it easier to remove the headlight units to change the bulbs, especially for the n/s and to see how the bulbs are located. Easy enough job, 2 star head screws and the plastic locator at the front, Check handbook for diagram. remove wiring plug and grip firmly and give a tug upwards and slightly to the rear.

Don't touch the bulb glass with your bare hands, wear disposable gloves.

Thanks. So the book is actually correct. H7 and H15 needed for my spares box. The car actually has LED DRLs along the bottom of the headlight unit, so there must be some sequence when the 15W DRL filament is on and perhaps not the LEDs. I will have a play. I wonder, ours is a Titanium which does have the LED DRL strip, perhaps lesser versions only have the 15W filament?

If you have LED DRL's then you will have an H1 for the main beam. The H15 is only on the cars without LED's.

As Dave said.

You have H7 Dipped Beam and H1 Main Beam.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club