Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Seats? Focus 2014

yossi

Hi,

I was recently involved in an accident (not my fault) and was given a rental Ford Focus 2014 model while they settled the insurance claims. I actually loved the car so decided I would buy a similar one.

I love everything about the Focus I'm driving. Except one thing: the driver's seat is becoming increasingly uncomfortable.

I'm not sure if my seat is just too worn out from many rentals but I can actually feel something I can only describe as a metal frame/edge on the sides of the seat. It feels quite unconfortable as it pushes against my right leg. IT´s quite easy to feel the metal part so I wonder if there's some issue with the cushion underneath.

to me it feels like the cushion should be covering that very hard metal part of the seat?

This is worrying me as I had decided to purchase this model... in the next few days I will be visiting some local dealerships to see what they have in the market and I'll be paying a lot of attention to the seats. It'd be quite disappointing if I have to choose a different car because of that issue?

i am sure it will be ok rental have all sorts of sizes in them

I have the same on my 2012. I find that its me though sitting slightly to the right and not in the middle of the seat base. I do feel like my whole seat should be positioned more to the right though.

The foam seat cushion is available as a spare part and can be changed very easy. The bottom foam cushion will cost approximately €100,- from Ford. Changing the cushion can be done in about 1 Hour.

• Like 1

The foam seat cushion is available as a spare part and can be changed very easy. The bottom foam cushion will cost approximately €100,- from Ford. Changing the cushion can be done in about 1 Hour.

Good to know, cheers! Probably be a 12 hour shift changing it for a novice like me!:lol:

I´ll see today. I have a fair amount of focuses around the same year/milleage that I can see during this weekend. I like that there´s quite a lot of used car market for this model.

much better, tested 3 different cars and the seats were much better.

The acceleration and brakes were much smoother too so the rental one I have is probably too worn out.

On a comical note, the salesperson in the dealership told me outright that I had wasted his time because I wouldn´t buy it right there and then.

For god´s sake, this is a £10k investment, you aren´t surely expecting people to buy it hot-headed are you?

I said I would need to think about it because it was £400 over my budget, but after he said that I decided never to buy at that dealership. It´s no way to treat your potential customers. And to be fair, he really did lose a sale because I´m 90% convinced I would have bought it after a couple of days of number crunching at home..

I am sure theirs more dealership out there that would give you a better deal :)

much better, tested 3 different cars and the seats were much better.

The acceleration and brakes were much smoother too so the rental one I have is probably too worn out.

On a comical note, the salesperson in the dealership told me outright that I had wasted his time because I wouldn´t buy it right there and then.

For god´s sake, this is a £10k investment, you aren´t surely expecting people to buy it hot-headed are you?

I said I would need to think about it because it was £400 over my budget, but after he said that I decided never to buy at that dealership. It´s no way to treat your potential customers. And to be fair, he really did lose a sale because I´m 90% convinced I would have bought it after a couple of days of number crunching at home..

You could always email the dealer principal, explaining the attitude of his/her salesperson, and they would have some explaining to do. :)

You could always email the dealer principal, explaining the attitude of his/her salesperson, and they would have some explaining to do. :)

I did yeah, he said he would handle my sale personally.

But there won´t be any sale, and even more so if they aren´t willing to do a price match!

I can live with a silver focus to be honest, even if the red one looks so much better.

I've been doing some research and found this when browsing through some older posts in another american forum.

I'm 100% this is what happens with my new ford focus. I still have over 1 year of official warranty so I will take it to the ford garage as soon as I have a chance.

Looks like a design fault.

post-71254-0-91246300-1453317327_thumb.j

This seems to be the way these days, cheap foam do they not test stuff anymore? my van (not a ford) seat ripped after 15000 due to foam compacting and stretching material, wear and tear mate can't help you. Bought a new seat (ebay) from higher spec van seat didn't rip but foam compacted and feels like tilting to the right. Best solution I found was to rap a piece of polystyrene in tape and wedge beneath the foam, evens the weight and stops compacting.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2013 focus only noticed because my jeans discoloured the seat material..can also feel the frame..it's not fit for use at all..gonna try and email warranty dept at Ford's..about 18 month ago my 2007 focus seat was way better confusing..where are the quality control on these kind of things..grrr

Link to my post.

Yesterday Ford got back to me saying they refuse the repair based on age an mileage. My car was less than 2 years old at the time of my complaint and had 30k miles on the clock. This is causing me a medical issue as the metal frame is compressing my sciatica nerve so after long time driving my leg hurts a lot. I will get a medical report.

It is not acceptable for such a new card to be causing this. I would push harder.

How many miles does your 2013 focus have? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club