Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Upgrade And Wiring Help Needed Focus Mk2

nicima

Hello all,

While I was fitting in the upgrade centre console I discovered that my window heater section had all wires in the other blank spaces - so was wondering if that would mean that the wiring is there for the other options? I ask this as I've just brought that section in silver and that has the button for the front heated screen - it looks like i have the wiring for that, well I'm guessing, so was thinking of getting one installed as that is a feature i massively miss from my fiesta.

pictures -

this is the part i mean

IMG_7498_zps1jyigxmi.jpg

and theres two extra wires/connections in the back of the other two blank cards

IMG_7497_zpsb43rm7ld.jpg

so i really am hoping someone might provide me with some good news here ha!

Also im wanting to take out the standard door card handle parts and replace with the silver higher spec one. I just cant work out how to remove that part?!?! can anyone help with that one too please?
Its the surround bit that on the driver side sits over the window and mirror controls.

Drivers side

IMG_7518_zpsucxz6qkf.jpg

Passengers side

IMG_7515_zpsfhy3y8ks.jpg

I know how to take the door cards off etc but I'm not sure how to get these parts free to replace them - i don't want to change to the different door cards as they are a different colour and that will bother me - ha! its bad enough the centre console is a different colour but i can live with that cause of the added aux it adds.

cheers in advance anyone

As far as I can tell the 2 connectors are for the heated windscreen button and the airbag deactivation warning light.

For the heated windscreen you need the heated windscreen itself, the engine bay wiring, interior wiring, the heated windscreen switch and a suitable GEM module/fuse box.

Many times only a part of the wiring is present and the missing part of the wiring needs to be installed.

The door handles with the silver inserts are part of the door cards. Officially these parts can not be removed. The door handles are installed to the door cards by melted pins (visible at the back of the door cards). To remove the door handles you have to drill the melted pins. Afterwards you have to find a way to securethe door handles because the melted pins can no longer be used after drilling.

• Like 1

so looks like ill have to just change the door cards then ha! thanks for the info

Hello,

You may have the wiring however you would still need to replace the windscreen and enable it, including adding fuses, relay to the correct places.

No hard to do but may be expensive.

Last time I had the doorcards off I think they was melted together but not 100% sure on that.

Programming of windscreen can be done via Elmconfig.

Regards

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club